Reconfigure a spooler... how?

I plugged a scaner into the parallel that i guess is for a printer fax and
now everytime i reboot i get this message: 'SPL0422: The windows printer fas
no longer exist. Reconfigure the spooler.'
What does that mean and how do i do that? Also, my computer lost it's
connection to the network (my office) and the scanner didn't work. What did
i screw up?
thanks.

"user1179" wrote:
> I plugged a scaner into the parallel that i guess is for a
> printer fax and
> now everytime i reboot i get this message: 'SPL0422: The
> windows printer fas
> no longer exist. Reconfigure the spooler.'
> What does that mean and how do i do that? Also, my computer
> lost it's
> connection to the network (my office) and the scanner didn't
> work. What did
> i screw up?
> thanks.

I get the same message, except it occurred after I removed a photo
printer from the system. It keeps telling me: "CAN’T START SPOOLER
SPL0422: The printer PD6000 no longer exists. Please reconfigure the
print spooler."

I cannot find out how to do that and ran into your message regarding
the same problem. As far as I can tell, I have lost no functions. It
is just an irritant to get this message every time I boot up and I
cannot figure out how to get rid of it.

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Print---Fax-Reconfigure-spooler-ftopict222763.html