Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

PROTOTYPE 2 ON GTX 560TI

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 28, 2012 5:41:44 PM

WHAT FPS WILL I GET ON PROTOTYPE 2 WITH MY GTX 560TI...???

My pc spec....
mob-ASUS M4N68T-M LE V2 Motherboard
http://www.flipkart.com/asus-m4n68 [...] d6f2e11cf6
proc-Amd phenom II x4 955
http://www.flipkart.com/amd-3-2-gh [...] 13f94ce002
ram-6 gb 1333mhz
psu-coolar master gx 650W
http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-mas [...] 863edfee32

More about : prototype gtx 560ti

July 28, 2012 6:27:12 PM

dashingdip said:
WHAT FPS WILL I GET ON PROTOTYPE 2 WITH MY GTX 560TI...??? :pt1cable: 



Full specs would help much more, but anyways you can run this easy system analysis for pretty much most games :) 

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com

Hope this helps!
m
0
l
July 28, 2012 7:34:54 PM

You'll get pretty poor fps, in large open areas not above 45 fps in most cases, sometimes as low as 30. This is not solely due to your hardware though. Prototype 2 is a *horrible* PC port and has tons of framerate issues. Just avoid the game unless you were a big fan of the first one.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 28, 2012 8:08:11 PM

casualcolors said:
You'll get pretty poor fps, in large open areas not above 45 fps in most cases, sometimes as low as 30. This is not solely due to your hardware though. Prototype 2 is a *horrible* PC port and has tons of framerate issues. Just avoid the game unless you were a big fan of the first one.


What are you talking about? I've got that game and on my GTX 560 Ti I used to get 80-85 fps on maximum settings before I turned VSync on. Now I'm not dropping below 60, GPU sits at 60-80% load.
m
0
l
July 28, 2012 8:11:07 PM

Sunius said:
What are you talking about? I've got that game and on my GTX 560 Ti I used to get 80-85 fps on maximum settings before I turned VSync on. Now I'm not dropping below 60, GPU sits at 60-80% load.


In some areas* it will get 80-85 fps. In other areas, it plummets regardless of hardware. Has been reported on most popular GPU's since the game's recent release (680, 670, 580, 570, 560ti, 7970, 6970, 6950). It's about as poorly optimized as Arkham City was when it was released, albeit for different reasons (AC had huge issues with DX11 but the result is about the same).
m
0
l
July 28, 2012 8:14:08 PM

Do you want me to film the gameplay for you with fraps and upload it to youtube? Just tell me the area to go to. I can guarantee I don't drop below 60 fps EVER.
m
0
l
July 28, 2012 8:17:27 PM

Sunius said:
Do you want me to film the gameplay for you with fraps and upload it to youtube? Just tell me the area to go to. I can guarantee I don't drop below 60 fps EVER.


No need, since it's already been filmed and reviewed by plenty of people and a lot of those people have frame rate issues with the game. You can do whatever you want though, as long as it doesn't agitate you any further than the internet already seems to have.
m
0
l
July 28, 2012 8:20:03 PM

Any links to confirm your words? Because my own experience tells me it's running great on GTX 560 Ti.
m
0
l
July 28, 2012 8:27:58 PM

I can't really understand why GTX 680 does that, but I'm sure that guy has his PC issues, if it was really so bad of a port, it wouldn't run so great on my rig.
m
0
l
July 28, 2012 8:31:23 PM

It's ok, he's not the only one with issues. Obviously, no one is wishing that the game runs poorly for you, but since it's an established risk and someone is asking how it is likely to perform, they should probably know that the game has issues for a lot of people. I think the only reason to disagree with that would be fanboyism, and no one likes that.


More anecdotal perhaps but worth mentioning: Crysis 2 was another PC port that was plagued with issues for some people. For me, the game ran well and I enjoyed it, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't without major issues prior to several patches.
m
0
l
July 28, 2012 8:43:21 PM

Maybe you're right.. Though I noticed one thing: that game just loves CPU. During intense action, it's using 60% of my i5 2500k @ 4.3 GHz.
m
0
l
August 7, 2012 3:48:28 PM

i got 2 gtx 560 ti in sli with a quad at 4.3ghz, and love prototype but number 2 is taking the mick, iv tried everything to keep my framerate up even turning my sli off dropping settings new beta drivers manually changing steam settings for resolution and naff all is working.
m
0
l
August 7, 2012 8:51:23 PM

Well my Setup / specs are:

qx9650 on stock speed but under volted to 1.03 from 1.34.
560ti gigabyte SOC
4gb corsair ram 1066mhz
Asus p5q deluxe

And prototype 2 runs flawlessly on max settings at 1080p, no stutters no nothing, always smooth no matter where and when.

Same thing with crysis 2 i run it on max settings and at 1080p no problems no stutters doesnt drop under 40 fps so smooth gaming their too for some reason some people have problems with a 560ti.

I guess i am one of the rare people who got lucky as hell :-D with his 560ti :) 
m
0
l
August 7, 2012 9:29:29 PM

serenatous said:
Well my Setup / specs are:

qx9650 on stock speed but under volted to 1.03 from 1.34.
560ti gigabyte SOC
4gb corsair ram 1066mhz
Asus p5q deluxe

And prototype 2 runs flawlessly on max settings at 1080p, no stutters no nothing, always smooth no matter where and when.

Same thing with crysis 2 i run it on max settings and at 1080p no problems no stutters doesnt drop under 40 fps so smooth gaming their too for some reason some people have problems with a 560ti.

I guess i am one of the rare people who got lucky as hell :-D with his 560ti :) 


560ti is a good card. The problem people have with it is the 40 fps in Crysis 2, not any malfunction. Most people here just won't stand for 40 fps from a pc game. It looks too awful comparatively.
m
0
l
August 7, 2012 11:08:24 PM

casualcolors said:
560ti is a good card. The problem people have with it is the 40 fps in Crysis 2, not any malfunction. Most people here just won't stand for 40 fps from a pc game. It looks too awful comparatively.



Not sure why really, if i run and skid and can shoot enemies without any any stutters at all !!!
Then its obviously working perfectly... But again thats my opinion :p 


But for example in League of Legends i notice a huge difference between 50fps and 120fps i cant even play at 30-40 fps feels way too slow :p 

But i think game genre might effect, anyway Crysis for some reason i find it silky smooth...

the 40 fps is from a benchmark test haven't tested it in game with an fps OSD, but ill try that not sure if itll make a difference :p 
m
0
l
August 7, 2012 11:19:43 PM

I'm the opposite. As soon as an fps game goes below about 57 fps I notice things like shuttering in hand movement and stuff. It's my pet peeve!
m
0
l
August 7, 2012 11:28:59 PM

Before I got this gaming PC, I was used to playing games on an integrated graphics laptop from 2007, so even 30 FPS feels smooth as hell to me.
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 11:57:04 AM

i would be happy with 30 fps right now although im used to alot higher frames on other games. at the mo usually in flight or fast running it can drop to 8 fps, but when it goes into intense pushing like the devastator i can hit 60-70 frames, what the hell am i suppose to do with this ?? lol. still trying different things to fix it, if i come across anything il let u guys know. People who have it working flawless come to bf3 so i can blow ur brains out :p  :) 
m
0
l
August 10, 2012 12:08:57 AM

casualcolors said:
In some areas* it will get 80-85 fps. In other areas, it plummets regardless of hardware. Has been reported on most popular GPU's since the game's recent release (680, 670, 580, 570, 560ti, 7970, 6970, 6950). It's about as poorly optimized as Arkham City was when it was released, albeit for different reasons (AC had huge issues with DX11 but the result is about the same).


You are correct I am having the issues you describe and my specs should handle the game. Was looking forward to this game now its ruined.
m
0
l
August 10, 2012 12:10:51 AM

joe28gamerz said:
i got 2 gtx 560 ti in sli with a quad at 4.3ghz, and love prototype but number 2 is taking the mick, iv tried everything to keep my framerate up even turning my sli off dropping settings new beta drivers manually changing steam settings for resolution and naff all is working.


I know how you feel I too am suffering. A patch please.
m
0
l
August 10, 2012 1:25:36 PM

iv completed story mode now regardless of my issues, irritated me abit but i dne it. still got my side missions to do but gunna wait till a patch comes out or summut. 1 thing did help alot though was in the nvidia control panel, manage 3d settings then go to power management mode, turn from adaptive to prefer maximum performance. now for some this is a fix, but for me its still played up abit but my frames did go up, defo worth ago if u havent tried it yet. anyone else got a fix let me know cheers guys.
m
0
l
!