HPBOID.EXE Application Error

I have recently started to receive a pop-up message on a computer which has 3
HP printers connected. The printers are LaserJet 4, LaserJet 2500 & LaserJet
2550 - all have the latest firmware and drivers installed. I end up having
numerous pop-up messages (a new one added every few minutes or so) - all the
same message. I receive hundreds of copies of the same message. The message
is as follows:

HPBOID.EXE Apllication Error
Instruction 0x74725956 at 0x00900004. Memory could not be read

Other details : Windows XP, 1G RAM, 1.8G processor

I have searched Microsoft & HP sites to no avail (including HP diagnostics
self help).

Rod

Did you read through:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=716493758+1100244777831+28353475&threadId=370850
www.coribright.com

"RIM" <RIM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently started to receive a pop-up message on a computer which has
>3
> HP printers connected. The printers are LaserJet 4, LaserJet 2500 &
> LaserJet
> 2550 - all have the latest firmware and drivers installed. I end up having
> numerous pop-up messages (a new one added every few minutes or so) - all
> the
> same message. I receive hundreds of copies of the same message. The
> message
> is as follows:
>
> HPBOID.EXE Apllication Error
> Instruction 0x74725956 at 0x00900004. Memory could not be read
>
> Other details : Windows XP, 1G RAM, 1.8G processor
>
> I have searched Microsoft & HP sites to no avail (including HP diagnostics
> self help).
>
> Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Rod

Cari,

Many thanks for your response.

I followed the advice of one of the contributors on the link you provided,
namely, went into MSCONFIG Utility and unchecked the following two entries.

1. StatusClient "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox\Apache Tomcat
4.0\webapps\Toolbox\Ststusclient.exe /auto"

2. hpbpsttp "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Toolbox\hpbpsttp.exe

The problem has been solved - thanks again.

Rod