Next question - 1x service indicator

Last response: in Network Providers
March 13, 2005 8:52:57 PM

Again this is new phone to me - LG VX3200. On the display I'm getting 1x
instead of expected D or A. I can't track down exactly what this is. The
user guide only gives me reference to "1X HSPD" under PC Connection.

Any guidance here? Phone seems to be working ok.
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 8:52:58 PM

Stonecritter wrote:
> Again this is new phone to me - LG VX3200. On the display I'm getting 1x
> instead of expected D or A. I can't track down exactly what this is. The
> user guide only gives me reference to "1X HSPD" under PC Connection.
>
> Any guidance here? Phone seems to be working ok.

Indicates availability of high-speed data network.
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 9:33:37 PM

"RWEmerson" <foolish_consistency@hobgoblin.com> wrote in message news:11390v7ngqst659@corp.supernews.com...
> Stonecritter wrote:
>> Again this is new phone to me - LG VX3200. On the display I'm getting 1x
>> instead of expected D or A. I can't track down exactly what this is. The
>> user guide only gives me reference to "1X HSPD" under PC Connection.
>>
>> Any guidance here? Phone seems to be working ok.
>
> Indicates availability of high-speed data network.

And therefore guaranteed to be "D", not "A", in case that's not obvious.
March 13, 2005 9:41:21 PM

John R. Copeland wrote:
> "RWEmerson" <foolish_consistency@hobgoblin.com> wrote in message news:11390v7ngqst659@corp.supernews.com...
>
>>Stonecritter wrote:
>>
>>>Again this is new phone to me - LG VX3200. On the display I'm getting 1x
>>>instead of expected D or A. I can't track down exactly what this is. The
>>> user guide only gives me reference to "1X HSPD" under PC Connection.
>>>
>>>Any guidance here? Phone seems to be working ok.
>>
>>Indicates availability of high-speed data network.
>

> And therefore guaranteed to be "D", not "A", in case that's not obvious.

Thank you.
That was not obvious to me. So it's telling me the service is available
even though I'm not subscribing to any data service. I frequently bike
into some poor signal areas. I'll have to watch for the changes.
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 9:41:22 PM

Stonecritter wrote:
> John R. Copeland wrote:
>> "RWEmerson" <foolish_consistency@hobgoblin.com> wrote in
>> message news:11390v7ngqst659@corp.supernews.com...

>>> Indicates availability of high-speed data network.
>>

>> And therefore guaranteed to be "D", not "A", in case
>> that's not obvious.
>
> Thank you.
> That was not obvious to me. So it's telling me the
> service is available even though I'm not subscribing to
> any data service. I frequently bike into some poor signal
> areas. I'll have to watch for the changes.

Anything other than "A" on the signal indicator is good.
"A" is not bad but will use your battery a *lot* faster.

-Quick
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 3:07:47 AM

"Stonecritter" <Stonecritter@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> Again this is new phone to me - LG VX3200. On the display I'm getting 1x
> instead of expected D or A. I can't track down exactly what this is. The
> user guide only gives me reference to "1X HSPD" under PC Connection.
>
> Any guidance here? Phone seems to be working ok.

1X is the 'new digital', so to speak, so get used to seeing it rather than
the old 'D'.. It's higher speed than the original digital but there is new
technology that makes even 1X obsolete in the future.
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 3:09:27 AM

> Thank you.
> That was not obvious to me. So it's telling me the service is available
> even though I'm not subscribing to any data service. I frequently bike
> into some poor signal areas. I'll have to watch for the changes.

The 1X is used for your voice too. It's higher speed than the original
digital which allows the wireless companies to put even more conversations
on a given tower.
June 5, 2009 4:09:36 AM

1X Stands for 1XRTT which means 1 times radio transmission technology. it is an enhanced Digital CDMA System which allows Data, and MMS.
!