Fax in windows 2003 server

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Hello!

I´ve got installed in one server of my network, windows 2003 server. The fax
shared works fine, but I don´t know how can I controller the faxes from
another computer from the network. I need that the server (whith win2003
server) send a message to the "client fax controller", when faxes come in.

Anybody can help me??

Thanks !!!
1 answer Last reply
More about windows 2003 server
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    I'm not sure I understood your problem properly. This is my understanding of
    the question & the corresponding answer
    Question:
    You have a Windows Server 2003 with Fax installed. You have some client
    machines running XP or other client OS. When a fax is received on server you
    want the user on client machine to be notified about it.
    Answer:
    From the client machine add shared fax printer on Windows Server 2003. Now
    'Fax Client Console' on the client machine shows the faxes present on
    Windows Server 2003. When a new fax is received the Inbox view in Client
    Console shows the new Fax. Yes, I know this might not be what you want -
    because this doesn't actually notify the user - user has to be looking at
    Inbox to know about the newly received fax. So you can use Inbound Routing
    Methods - specifically you can configure fax service (on the server) so an
    email is sent to designated address whenever a new fax is received. Look at
    Fax Service Manager's Help for further information about this.

    On the local box user can see a task bar notification about a newly received
    fax. But client machines don't have such a facility.

    Hope this helps

    --
    Raghavendra R
    purposes only.'

    "yurguen" <gorka_a@navegalia.com> wrote in message
    > Hello!
    >
    > I´ve got installed in one server of my network, windows 2003 server. The
    > fax shared works fine, but I don´t know how can I controller the faxes
    > from another computer from the network. I need that the server (whith
    > win2003 server) send a message to the "client fax controller", when faxes
    > come in.
    >
    > Anybody can help me??
    >
    > Thanks !!!

Windows Server 2003 Fax Servers Microsoft Controller Windows XP