Fax in windows 2003 server

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Hello!

I´ve got installed in one server of my network, windows 2003 server. The fax
shared works fine, but I don´t know how can I controller the faxes from
another computer from the network. I need that the server (whith win2003
server) send a message to the "client fax controller", when faxes come in.

Anybody can help me??

Thanks !!!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

I'm not sure I understood your problem properly. This is my understanding of
the question & the corresponding answer
Question:
You have a Windows Server 2003 with Fax installed. You have some client
machines running XP or other client OS. When a fax is received on server you
want the user on client machine to be notified about it.
Answer:
From the client machine add shared fax printer on Windows Server 2003. Now
'Fax Client Console' on the client machine shows the faxes present on
Windows Server 2003. When a new fax is received the Inbox view in Client
Console shows the new Fax. Yes, I know this might not be what you want -
because this doesn't actually notify the user - user has to be looking at
Inbox to know about the newly received fax. So you can use Inbound Routing
Methods - specifically you can configure fax service (on the server) so an
email is sent to designated address whenever a new fax is received. Look at
Fax Service Manager's Help for further information about this.

On the local box user can see a task bar notification about a newly received
fax. But client machines don't have such a facility.

Hope this helps

--
Raghavendra R
purposes only.'