SoyoDRAGON mounting holes

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Does the Soyo Dragon have Mounting whole for HSF, or just the Clip..i got confused reading the "Does this MotherBoard"post by balls of steel below

later, rob

Once you go AMD, You never Go back!!

Balls_Of_Steel

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
well the four holes are for the swiftech m462. it has to use the four holes to mount it on. not the clip. but i dont know about the four holes for the SoyoDRAGON.

sorry

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
most amd motherboards will have holes drilled in the pcb where some heatsinks, usually the higher end ones, use to mount. they use that INSTEAD of a clip, which makes the installation a little more laborous, BUT, there is less risk of the cpu rocking, and crushing the core, and less risk of the heatsink falling off....
my ECS k7s5a has mounting holes, but my heatsink uses a clip...so i have to utilize the lugs on the heatsink socket.
if you want to use a heatsink that uses bolts to mount, then check the motherboard, and see if it has the holes, and also make sure that there will be clearance for the heatsink.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

dicester

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2002
yep , at least on the soyodragon+ has the four holes for mounting the swiftech462, cause that is what i use. you can also use a clip style hsf if you want.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
so if i use the Soyo Dragron Plus with the Swiftech...is this a good fan and will it be able to handle the AMD XP 2000+

Later, Rob

Once you go AMD, You never Go back!!