After reinstall some user can't see the network printer

Tags:
  • Network Printer
  • Printers
  • Windows XP
November 12, 2004 7:30:01 AM

Hi,

we reinstalled an XP machine with a printer atteched to it. The machine's
name remains the same, also the IP, and the printers name.
Most of our users can print errorless, except on four machines - with
some users...

The printers are listed in the AD, and we connect the users via the login
script.

Anybody has an idea???

Thx,
Gabor

More about : reinstall user network printer

Anonymous
November 12, 2004 8:45:20 PM

XP Pro only supports 10 simultaneous connections. How many PCs are trying to
print to it?

www.coribright.com

"Gabor" <Gabor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> we reinstalled an XP machine with a printer atteched to it. The machine's
> name remains the same, also the IP, and the printers name.
> Most of our users can print errorless, except on four machines - with
> some users...
>
> The printers are listed in the AD, and we connect the users via the login
> script.
>
> Anybody has an idea???
>
> Thx,
> Gabor

November 15, 2004 2:23:04 AM

> XP Pro only supports 10 simultaneous connections. How many PCs are trying to
> print to it?

It is not typical. Altough it is possible that all of the 19 machine
want print, but in this case why that 4 machine...
We haven't any problem with the 10 connection before.
!