Need help sending fax using WinFax Pro 10.02 and SDK on XP..

I have been trying to use the WinFax SDK send to call Winfax and
automatically send a fax. Here is a sample of my code using Visual
Basic 6.0:

Dim objWinfaxSend As Object
Set objWinfaxSend = CreateObject("WinFax.SDKSend8.0")

objWinfaxSend.SetClientID ("Client Name")
objWinfaxSend.SetCoverText ("Test cover page")
objWinfaxSend.AddAttachmentFile ("d:\temp\fax31845.txt")
objWinfaxSend.SetNumber ("123456789")
objWinfaxSend.AddRecipient
objWinfaxSend.Send (0)

My problem is after the fax is sent to the fax printer the job just
hangs with a window showing the following message: "The selected
attachment is being converted into a fax image." I have tried using
the sample programs provided on the site
http://www.symantec.com/winfax/sdk.html and same result they always
hang on that same message.

I am using a computer with Windows XP service pack 1. The version of
Winfax Pro is 10.02. The computer I am using does not have a modem
installed as I am testing the program to install on a customer who
will have a modem.

The other strange thing I have noticed is that I am able to use WinFax
as a printer to print *.doc or *.txt files using Word or just
right-clicking on the file and selecting print. However after I run
any of the programs to call WinFax and get the message above the
WinFax printer stops working. When I try and print nothing happens.
The only solution I have found to restore the WinFax printer is to
restart my computer.

If anyone has any ideas on my little problem let me know and thank you
in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about need sending winfax

    Why are you asking about WinFax Pro here?
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "wc_as400" <wcano1@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I have been trying to use the WinFax SDK send to call Winfax and
    > automatically send a fax. Here is a sample of my code using Visual
    > Basic 6.0:
    >
    > Dim objWinfaxSend As Object
    > Set objWinfaxSend = CreateObject("WinFax.SDKSend8.0")
    >
    > objWinfaxSend.SetClientID ("Client Name")
    > objWinfaxSend.SetCoverText ("Test cover page")
    > objWinfaxSend.AddAttachmentFile ("d:\temp\fax31845.txt")
    > objWinfaxSend.SetNumber ("123456789")
    > objWinfaxSend.AddRecipient
    > objWinfaxSend.Send (0)
    >
    > My problem is after the fax is sent to the fax printer the job just
    > hangs with a window showing the following message: "The selected
    > attachment is being converted into a fax image." I have tried using
    > the sample programs provided on the site
    > http://www.symantec.com/winfax/sdk.html and same result they always
    > hang on that same message.
    >
    > I am using a computer with Windows XP service pack 1. The version of
    > Winfax Pro is 10.02. The computer I am using does not have a modem
    > installed as I am testing the program to install on a customer who
    > will have a modem.
    >
    > The other strange thing I have noticed is that I am able to use WinFax
    > as a printer to print *.doc or *.txt files using Word or just
    > right-clicking on the file and selecting print. However after I run
    > any of the programs to call WinFax and get the message above the
    > WinFax printer stops working. When I try and print nothing happens.
    > The only solution I have found to restore the WinFax printer is to
    > restart my computer.
    >
    > If anyone has any ideas on my little problem let me know and thank you
    > in advance.

Fax SDK Windows XP