vcore & - 5volts

G

i just wanna ask on how to improve the Vcore of my motherboard and my -5 volts rails , the V core is fluctuating too much . i set it in bios as 1.825 and my MBM detects it as highest 1.72 Volts thats even lower than the default P4 voltage and my - 5 volts is at lowest at -5.29 volts thats too low . both of them causes MBM to beep.

TH7II - RAID P4 1.6Ghz @ 1.8Ghz, 256MB Gforce 2 MX400, 2*20Gig hd in raid 0. SB Audigy

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
if your voltages arnt stable its down to the psu, you didnt mention what one you had?

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?

G

it's a stupid DEER 300 watt PSU , i think it sucks , the range at which my Vcore is highest and lowest is far too much. so is my - 5 volt rail. i think i'd buy an enermax later but i need some info does the - 5 Volt rail cause the mother board to be unstable ?? i've heard of the + 5 volt rail to cause instability but not the -5 volt , is it the same ?

TH7II - RAID P4 1.6Ghz @ 1.8Ghz, 256MB Gforce 2 MX400, 2*20Gig hd in raid 0. SB Audigy

G

well thanks for answering me :) , the -5 volts does not effect my systems stablity , thats good to know my +5 volts is rock stable but yeah about my Vcore i wrote to ABIT to ask about the seemingly large difference of Vcore than the setting . the answered me that it's normal to have the Vcore within 10% margin ? is it so ?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I have not had good luck with swinging voltages on my VCORE, or 3.3v line, at around +-10% I used to get a little unstable. Larger swings would cause a system lock. So I quit using Antec power supplies.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

my i ask what brand of power supplies are u using now ? i think i'll swap mine soon

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Er, uh, Continental I think. It's an OEM generic power supply that just happens to be better than any Antec power supply of similar ratings that I've tested. It also came with a cheap sleeve bearing fan, which I replaced.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?