Found New Hardware Wizard at Startup

I had a Lexmark that I uninstalled completely, and then I started getting the
dreaded hardware wizard on every startup. I've followed all the instructions
listed in the article at <http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=298370>, but it
won't allow me to delete the registry key.

I've seen this problem posted several times, but I've seen no answer as to
what to do when you're unable to delete the registry key that the online
support directs you to delete. Please help!
1 answer Last reply
More about found hardware wizard startup

    Right click on the key (left pane of registry editor)
    Select Permissions
    Select the Everyone entry
    Click on the box in the Full Control row and the Allow column
    Click OK

    You should now be able to delete the key.

    --
    Bruce Sanderson MVP

    "casey" <casey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I had a Lexmark that I uninstalled completely, and then I started getting
    >the
    > dreaded hardware wizard on every startup. I've followed all the
    > instructions
    > listed in the article at <http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=298370>, but
    > it
    > won't allow me to delete the registry key.
    >
    > I've seen this problem posted several times, but I've seen no answer as to
    > what to do when you're unable to delete the registry key that the online
    > support directs you to delete. Please help!

Hardware Registry Windows XP