Found New Hardware Wizard at Startup

casey

I had a Lexmark that I uninstalled completely, and then I started getting the
dreaded hardware wizard on every startup. I've followed all the instructions
listed in the article at <http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=298370>, but it
won't allow me to delete the registry key.

I've seen this problem posted several times, but I've seen no answer as to
what to do when you're unable to delete the registry key that the online
support directs you to delete. Please help!

Right click on the key (left pane of registry editor)
Select Permissions
Select the Everyone entry
Click on the box in the Full Control row and the Allow column
Click OK

You should now be able to delete the key.

--
Bruce Sanderson MVP