skligmund

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2002
Do I need to pencil my 1Ghz Duron (100 fsb x2 = 200) so I can increase my memory bus on my KT7E motherboard to 133 MgHz? If so, is it worth the trouble? SiSoft benchmarks my ram, at 100 mghz, beyond all but 2 or 3 pc133 ram chips that are listed. I'm running: cas 2, turbo, 4-way interleve. Whenever I attempt to increase my mem bus speed to "host clock + pci clock", which would equal 133, the computer refuses to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just a message from Roadkill Computers Inc.

G

I doubt your Duron would be able to get to 133 FSB (making it run at 1.33Ghz). I have an 800 and the fastest I could get that to was 124, but to run stable I backed down to 110 FSB (making 880Mhz). If you want you can use a pencil trick to up the voltage and see if you can push the processor a little more then before but going from 100 to 133 FSB is just too much of a leap. Take it in small increments first.

IT Tip of the Month:"C:\>ipconfig /all >>C:\Ip.txt" Look in root for txt file.

munkey

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
Just out of curiosity when you upped the FSB to 124MHZ did you change the multiplier at all or raise the voltage. The reason I am asking is because I have a duron 850 running perfectly stable at 1053(8.5*124) with a voltage of 1.75(stock 1.6) and I was just wondering if 124 was the limit of the FSB that the duron could handle w/o losing performance, because when I had the FSB higher with a lower multiplier I was actually getting worse performance even though the system appeared to be completely stable

<A HREF="http://www.textfiles.com/100/actung.hum" target="_new">Relaxen und watch das blinkenlights...</A>

G

I tried it up to 1.85 volts, but the most I could get was 124. It seemed to run stable but if I ran Prime95, it would come up with an error after a while so I backed down.

IT Tip of the Month:"C:\>ipconfig /all >>C:\Ip.txt" Look in root for txt file.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Try lower memory settings. CAS3 isn't going to do you any good, too much performance hit, but try FAST or NORMAL instead of TURBO.

I ran my Duron system (KT7) with FSB at 106mhz and memory at 141mhz, CAS2. It worked with FAST or TURBO settings but FAST was more stable.

If you can get the memory to work at 133 I would still try the pencil trick (conductive paint is better) and run the Duron at 7.5 * 133. 133 mhz isn't officially supported by the KT7E but everything I've read says it can easily do up to about 145 mhz so 133 should be easy.

<b>We are all beta testers!</b>