V710, How do I turn off the camera shutter sound??? -more ..

Can someone tell me how to turn the sound off for the camera shutter
on the V710? I've read the manual and played around in settings
forever! The only options I can see are to choose different sounds,
but none is not an option?

Also, if anyone knows... When I hit the menu key in camera mode, the
video display blocks out 2/3 of the menu. When I navigate the menu, I
can sort of see the top items between button presses, but they are
always obscured by the video. Is there a way to turn the video off so
that I can see the whole menu.

Finally, is there a way to change the display on the exterior of the
phone? Thanks,

Rob

Rob B wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to turn the sound off for the camera shutter
> on the V710? I've read the manual and played around in settings
> forever! The only options I can see are to choose different sounds,
> but none is not an option?
>
> Also, if anyone knows... When I hit the menu key in camera mode, the
> video display blocks out 2/3 of the menu. When I navigate the menu, I
> can sort of see the top items between button presses, but they are
> always obscured by the video. Is there a way to turn the video off so
> that I can see the whole menu.
>
> Finally, is there a way to change the display on the exterior of the
> phone? Thanks,
>
> Rob

Camera sound - menu Pictures Setup/Shutter Tone, None is a choice. I
cannot duplicate your camera window problem at all. Selecting Menu when
in Camera mode brings up an opaque menu - the camera screen is not
visible at all when the menu displays. What wallpaper are you using?

Rob B wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to turn the sound off for the camera shutter
> on the V710? I've read the manual and played around in settings
> forever! The only options I can see are to choose different sounds,
> but none is not an option?
>
> Also, if anyone knows... When I hit the menu key in camera mode, the
> video display blocks out 2/3 of the menu. When I navigate the menu, I
> can sort of see the top items between button presses, but they are
> always obscured by the video. Is there a way to turn the video off so
> that I can see the whole menu.
>
> Finally, is there a way to change the display on the exterior of the
> phone? Thanks,
>
> Rob

....no way for ordinary mortals to change other than the color and its
associated screen on the outside display: Tools/Personalize/Color Style

"Rob B" <bertbarndoor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me how to turn the sound off for the camera shutter
> on the V710? I've read the manual and played around in settings
> forever! The only options I can see are to choose different sounds,
> but none is not an option?
>
> Also, if anyone knows... When I hit the menu key in camera mode, the
> video display blocks out 2/3 of the menu. When I navigate the menu, I
> can sort of see the top items between button presses, but they are
> always obscured by the video. Is there a way to turn the video off so
> that I can see the whole menu.

You must have one screwed up V710! Mine (and my friends that have one) has
the option for 'none' in the shutter sound part of the menu you get if you
have the camera active and hit the menu key.

Also, if I hit the menu key while in camera mode, the menu display takes up
the whole screen, with none of the 'viewfinder' window visible.

The only change you can make to the external display are the presets when
you hit the personalize menu under settings.