To manually change the IP address of the computer, in Windows 7, follow these steps.
NOTE: This article is intended for people who want to change the IP address of a computer on a router. If you want to change IP address of a computer not on a router or if you want to change IP address of your router itself, you will need to contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for more information.
1. Open the Start menu and choose Control Panel.
2. Select Network and Internet.
3. Choose Network and Sharing Center.
4. Select Change adapter settings.
5. Right-click on the network to be changed and select Properties, from the drop down context menu.
6. Click the Networking tab, from the resulting pop-up window.
7. Choose either "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" or "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)." Click on the Properties button.
8. There are two options to choose from when changing the IP address. A user can either obtain an automatic, new, IP address or manually set a new one.
9. Click the OK button at the bottom of the window. The IP address should, now, be changed.