Pokemon is cheap

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
I remember good old yellow and blue the ones i played way back way. But, not there's soo many out there and I am unamused by this game now. been years since I've played so I decided to check out the current games. what 12 years and the game is literally the same aside a few more pokemon. Sure there's some Additional things added to it but no changes to the combat or anything it's well disappointing. Not only that but the games difficulty isn't hard at all it's just cheap. gym leaders and trainers are switching out pokemon And attacking and using potions all on the same turn??
I used to love this game but damn this long i expect some new and more fun combat system in it. Yet, the difficult is just well very boring. I remember you required levle 70s+ full team to beat the elite four now they go down to my team of 50-60...

I've been jumping around a lot lately from game to game. I can officially say that games have gone anywhere but upwards in quality. content seems to be decreasing from games, the amount of time to complete these games seems to be much less than it was. What the hell has gone wrong with gaming it's either too easy or the difficulty is just "cheap" not hard just cheap. Sure i am no pro gamer but my opinion is not alone in a lot of games. Diablo 3, skyrim, pokemon my most current examples.
Has all games and everything existing in this world finally lost any quality that there ever was?

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
I like games for their level of freedom and not just having a main storyline. i haven't found many games that fit like that. But, no i know they're not high level quality but i mean there literally no quality at all it's just sad game had great potential years ago i had high hopes it'd be a lot better today.

rpg_poser

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
I think you are feeling sentimental about pokemon. 12 years is a long time to play one series of games. Were you a child when you started playing them? If so, you probably aren't a child now.
I suggest asking for some game suggestions, because I think you are burned out on pokemon.
Try Shiren the Wanderer.

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
I haven't played it the whole duration. I skipped around a bit. I wasn't much for handhelds. I played the first few originals and then diamond and then black. But, likewise i just expected the game to Evolve more itself.
I play a lot of games. But, nothing seems to grab my attention anymore. I was looking at the witcher 2. It looks pretty cool. But, how much different is it really from a fully modded skyrim. What kinds of mods and add-ons can i get for it?

As far as pokemon goes I've always like the way it worked the having a mini army with me at all times in little objects that level'd through a journey. I liked that concept. Just wish the game's combat and such where more evolved over time.

rpg_poser

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Skyrim and the Witcher are two very different games. Both are good, however. I prefer Morrowind to Skrim, but that is a personal preference.
Perhaps you would consider a turn based strategy game like Final Fantasy Tactics, which has cutesy characters plus some in depth fighting?

garrettk4

Honorable
May 31, 2012
I have played pokemon since blue and I still love it. Yes I agree with you that it is cheap now only to certain things though.

#1: Certain pokemon like spiritomb (4th gen). Immune to most attacks except for ones that will kill it in a certain amount of turns. Like perish song for example.

#2: Pokemon that flee in battle (rare ones such as entei, thunderus, tornadus, etc) and are a pain in the butt to catch.

#3: Gen 5: certain pokemon appear in certain seasons. I think the seasons switch every 30 days. I stop playing for awhile an I come back to catch somebody an I can't because its winter time and the path is snowed in. FML

#4: Pokemon transfer from game to newer generation. That crap is a pain in the butt, you can only do 6 at a time and usually you have to recatch them in a actual battle (soulsilver heartgold) or play some dumb minigame (gen 5). Just imagine if you had 300+ to transfer from a heartgold or diamond it will take forever.

I can't remember but I'll add more if i think of anything else.

Why pokemon hasn't made a game where they include all of the regions kanto>jhoto>hoenn>sinnoh>unova yet is beyond me. Why the next game isn't on the 3ds is stupid. I bought a 3ds for nothing. (Well except for zelda).

gamerxavier

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
indeed. the concept of pokemon is still fun and there aren't many games that compare to it with that concept. But, pokemon is as with almost all DS games are underdeveloped and truly define money grubbing. Surely anyone can say it's not that easy. But, I've played some of them mmos our there that are very comparable to the pokemon game. so, they added a whole level to it. idk I just find that the pokemon game and ds games are all about the money cause their graphics for one are nothing special. mechanics in most of them is never anything special. *** even the TV show for pokemon has gone straight to hell. instead of giving ash his pokemon master title and bringing him occasionally back in later episodes they've still got him chasing down that dream. Yet, he's still a bit of a newb...
okay ima be quiet now. but yeah the game is what it is I just see as it a very very old form of technology as compared to where we are in video gaming.

I'm thinking of getting GW2 and then the witcher 2. I kinda like how GW2 looks and MOP wow is looking pretty much the same and the difficulty for their raids is supposedly worse than dragon soul.