searched microsoft .dll database, talked to LexmarkMy X83 quit, when trying
to uninstall & reinstall I recevied
an error saying cannot find lxasmdm.dll.
I have talked to Lexmark tech., e-machine tech., searched the web, and
Microsoft .dll database to no avail.
HELP PLEASE!!

A couple Items to consider:

..dll files are often compressed on the install disk(s). You might try
searching for lxasmdm.dl_ (notice the underscore). If you find this file,
double click it and you should get a prompt for the file to use to open it.
Click on BROWSE. and select Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor, which is in the
system folder. This may decompress the file.

MANY .dll files are hidden by the operating system. Try setting the search
tool to find hidden/system files.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"FIREATR@LIGHTENING-ISP [DON'T TYPE THIS]" <FIREATR@LIGHTENING-ISP [DON'T
TYPE THIS]@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> searched microsoft .dll database, talked to LexmarkMy X83 quit, when
> trying
> to uninstall & reinstall I recevied
> an error saying cannot find lxasmdm.dll.
> I have talked to Lexmark tech., e-machine tech., searched the web, and
> Microsoft .dll database to no avail.
> HELP PLEASE!!

Hal
I done what You said to do, but it didn't help.
also came up with error about Lexmark MFP,
What is this?

"FIREATR@LIGHTENING-ISP [DON'T TYPE THIS]" wrote:

> searched microsoft .dll database, talked to LexmarkMy X83 quit, when trying
> to uninstall & reinstall I recevied
> an error saying cannot find lxasmdm.dll.
> I have talked to Lexmark tech., e-machine tech., searched the web, and
> Microsoft .dll database to no avail.
> HELP PLEASE!!

Hal:
I done what You said, but it didn't help.
I also came up with an error Lexmark MFP, what is this?

"Hal Hostetler [MVP-DTS]" wrote:

> A couple Items to consider:
>
> ..dll files are often compressed on the install disk(s). You might try
> searching for lxasmdm.dl_ (notice the underscore). If you find this file,
> double click it and you should get a prompt for the file to use to open it.
> Click on BROWSE. and select Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor, which is in the
> system folder. This may decompress the file.
>
> MANY .dll files are hidden by the operating system. Try setting the search
> tool to find hidden/system files.
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "FIREATR@LIGHTENING-ISP [DON'T TYPE THIS]" <FIREATR@LIGHTENING-ISP [DON'T
> TYPE THIS]@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > searched microsoft .dll database, talked to LexmarkMy X83 quit, when
> > trying
> > to uninstall & reinstall I recevied
> > an error saying cannot find lxasmdm.dll.
> > I have talked to Lexmark tech., e-machine tech., searched the web, and
> > Microsoft .dll database to no avail.
> > HELP PLEASE!!

Hal
Another thing I tried is a complete uninstall but get the same error,
missing lxasmdm.dll
You said somthing about extracting, could it be that this .dll is on the
original
instllation CD?
If so how dose one extraxt it and install it to there computer?

"Hal Hostetler [MVP-DTS]" wrote:

> A couple Items to consider:
>
> ..dll files are often compressed on the install disk(s). You might try
> searching for lxasmdm.dl_ (notice the underscore). If you find this file,
> double click it and you should get a prompt for the file to use to open it.
> Click on BROWSE. and select Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor, which is in the
> system folder. This may decompress the file.
>
> MANY .dll files are hidden by the operating system. Try setting the search
> tool to find hidden/system files.
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "FIREATR@LIGHTENING-ISP [DON'T TYPE THIS]" <FIREATR@LIGHTENING-ISP [DON'T
> TYPE THIS]@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > searched microsoft .dll database, talked to LexmarkMy X83 quit, when
> > trying
> > to uninstall & reinstall I recevied
> > an error saying cannot find lxasmdm.dll.
> > I have talked to Lexmark tech., e-machine tech., searched the web, and
> > Microsoft .dll database to no avail.
> > HELP PLEASE!!

I did some further research and I found this post from fellow MVP Patty
LaBarge:

"I believe that this file is a part of your modem driver. Reinstall the
driver that came with the modem or download the latest one from the
manufacturer and reinstall. Be sure to read the instructions that come with
the driver and follow them exactly since "soft modems" don't use the
hardware wizard and if the instructions are not followed exactly, they do
not work."

Hal
--

message news:2009D91C-5A8D-4B4C-B73F-31259B6C8F4A@microsoft.com...
> Hal
> Another thing I tried is a complete uninstall but get the same error,
> missing lxasmdm.dll
> You said somthing about extracting, could it be that this .dll is on the
> original
> instllation CD?
> If so how dose one extraxt it and install it to there computer?
>
> "Hal Hostetler [MVP-DTS]" wrote:
>
> > A couple Items to consider:
> >
> > ..dll files are often compressed on the install disk(s). You might try
> > searching for lxasmdm.dl_ (notice the underscore). If you find this
file,
> > double click it and you should get a prompt for the file to use to open
it.
> > Click on BROWSE. and select Win32 Cabinet Self-Extractor, which is in
the
> > system folder. This may decompress the file.
> >
> > MANY .dll files are hidden by the operating system. Try setting the
search
> > tool to find hidden/system files.
> >
> > Hal
> > --
> > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
> > http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
> > KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
> > Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
> >
> > "FIREATR@LIGHTENING-ISP [DON'T TYPE THIS]" <FIREATR@LIGHTENING-ISP
[DON'T
> > TYPE THIS]@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > searched microsoft .dll database, talked to LexmarkMy X83 quit, when
> > > trying
> > > to uninstall & reinstall I recevied
> > > an error saying cannot find lxasmdm.dll.
> > > I have talked to Lexmark tech., e-machine tech., searched the web, and
> > > Microsoft .dll database to no avail.
> > > HELP PLEASE!!

Hal:
well I updated to new modem driver, but still get missing lxasmdm.dll.
now what?
Roger