Printer will not load

I have a Dell XPS Gen 2 running XP Home SP 2 and about 6 days ago when I
truned it may printer wouldn't work so I got a new one its a HP Officejet
5510 All-inlone, now when I try to reload the CD I get a error message
"Officejet 5500 (USBHUB) cannot load printer. Dell said it was HP probelm
and after 5 hours on the phone with HP they said its a Dell problem and I
need USBHUB.inf reloaded. The printer works fine on another Dell PC and I
even tried to load a dell All in on 960 and got an error message no plug n
play hardware found. Can anyone give me any solutions to this problem??? Jon
2 answers Last reply
More about printer load

    Are you trying to install the printer to a USB hub? If so, is it powered or
    unpowered? Are you sure it is 'seen' in the Device Manager correctly?
    www.coribright.com

    "Jontman" <Jontman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Dell XPS Gen 2 running XP Home SP 2 and about 6 days ago when I
    > truned it may printer wouldn't work so I got a new one its a HP Officejet
    > 5510 All-inlone, now when I try to reload the CD I get a error message
    > "Officejet 5500 (USBHUB) cannot load printer. Dell said it was HP probelm
    > and after 5 hours on the phone with HP they said its a Dell problem and I
    > need USBHUB.inf reloaded. The printer works fine on another Dell PC and I
    > even tried to load a dell All in on 960 and got an error message no plug n
    > play hardware found. Can anyone give me any solutions to this problem???
    > Jon

    I'm just plugging it into the USB outlet, the Devise Manager dosen't showits
    connected but if I plug another devise into the same outlet it works fine.
    The printer worked until 7 days ago and I had to replace it (with the same
    model).

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Are you trying to install the printer to a USB hub? If so, is it powered or
    > unpowered? Are you sure it is 'seen' in the Device Manager correctly?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "Jontman" <Jontman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a Dell XPS Gen 2 running XP Home SP 2 and about 6 days ago when I
    > > truned it may printer wouldn't work so I got a new one its a HP Officejet
    > > 5510 All-inlone, now when I try to reload the CD I get a error message
    > > "Officejet 5500 (USBHUB) cannot load printer. Dell said it was HP probelm
    > > and after 5 hours on the phone with HP they said its a Dell problem and I
    > > need USBHUB.inf reloaded. The printer works fine on another Dell PC and I
    > > even tried to load a dell All in on 960 and got an error message no plug n
    > > play hardware found. Can anyone give me any solutions to this problem???
    > > Jon

Hewlett Packard Dell Printers Windows XP