eq2 petried orc eye

Does anyone know if "illusion: orc" has any effect? I noticed the other illusions I've used so far were purely cosmetic
and i don't really want to use up an orc bone in order to have something just there to 'impress' players.

"Shadow" <na@na.na> wrote in message

> Does anyone know if "illusion: orc" has any effect? I noticed the other
> illusions I've used so far were purely cosmetic and i don't really want to
> use up an orc bone in order to have something just there to 'impress'
> players.

As far as I know they have only two effects: they change your appearance and
they cause you to Call back to a different home district. Now if they'd only
change faction too ...

--
Redbeard, the Relic Keeper
<Veritas>

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie

What do you mean by "call back"?

"Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in message
> "Shadow" <na@na.na> wrote in message
>
>> Does anyone know if "illusion: orc" has any effect? I noticed the other
>> illusions I've used so far were purely cosmetic and i don't really want
>> to use up an orc bone in order to have something just there to 'impress'
>> players.
>
> As far as I know they have only two effects: they change your appearance
> and they cause you to Call back to a different home district. Now if
> they'd only change faction too ...
>
> --
> Redbeard, the Relic Keeper
> <Veritas>
> Dwarven Mystic of 50 Winters & Alchemist
> Loyal Citizen of the Antonia Bayle
> Current resident of Qeynos Harbor
> http://veritasab.invisionzone.com/forums
> http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=105183104
>
> Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
> <Resolution, Retired>
> Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
> Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie

Wolfie

tandh@bellsouth.net scribbled:

> "Bob Perez" wrote

> > As far as I know they have only two effects: they change your
> > appearance and they cause you to Call back to a different home
> > district.

> What do you mean by "call back"?

Call of Qeynos and whatever the Freeport one is called,
IOW the "return to city" spells.

If you shapeshift to another race, you end up in their
default hamlet, not your own, when you use those spells.

Wolfie wrote:
> tandh@bellsouth.net scribbled:
>

>>"Bob Perez" wrote
>

>>>As far as I know they have only two effects: they change your
>>>appearance and they cause you to Call back to a different home
>>>district.
>

>>What do you mean by "call back"?
>

> Call of Qeynos and whatever the Freeport one is called,
> IOW the "return to city" spells.
>
> If you shapeshift to another race, you end up in their
> default hamlet, not your own, when you use those spells.

I don't really want to use up a bone to find out but does anyone know where the petrified orc eye would take you then?
Orcs don't belong to either city as far as I know! I wouldn't mind the price if it was an instaport to the commons but i
expect it's dull and will just take me to my home district anyway.

> I don't really want to use up a bone to find out but does anyone know
> where the petrified orc eye would take you then?
> Orcs don't belong to either city as far as I know! I wouldn't mind
> the price if it was an instaport to the commons but i
> expect it's dull and will just take me to my home district anyway.

If it did then it could be a travel power that bypasses the normal
means, highly unlikely.

It would either send you back to your default hamlet or do the same as
someone that has betrayed. Since, a troll doesn't have a helmet in
Qeynos the game must assign one. Don't know the rules (ie random or
always the same)

On 2005-05-16, BombayMix <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote:
> someone that has betrayed. Since, a troll doesn't have a helmet in
> Qeynos the game must assign one. Don't know the rules (ie random or
> always the same)

Betrayers get given some ridiculous hamlet, but its consistent for
them, and I believe for all races who betray - My dark elf gone
light ranger (snicker) always gates to dwarftown, and I've seen
trolls and ogres appearing on the gate spot too.

"Moopy" <pingu@keg.zymurgy.org> wrote in message
> On 2005-05-16, BombayMix <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote:
>> someone that has betrayed. Since, a troll doesn't have a helmet in
>> Qeynos the game must assign one. Don't know the rules (ie random or
>> always the same)
>>

> Betrayers get given some ridiculous hamlet, but its consistent for
> them, and I believe for all races who betray - My dark elf gone
> light ranger (snicker) always gates to dwarftown, and I've seen
> trolls and ogres appearing on the gate spot too.

Yeah my little rat monk betrayed Freeport...killed over 500 gnolls, 3 named
in Antonica, two more in Blackburrow and did a LOT of freakin' bird hopping
and running only to find out that Qeynos values him so much as to assign him
EASILY the ugliest, Freeport-ish looking suburb of Qeynos...Graystone.
Blah, if he wanted ugly he would have stayed in Freeport. :p

"Dan Harmon" <deharmon@bigfoot.com> wrote in

> "Moopy" <pingu@keg.zymurgy.org> wrote in message
>> On 2005-05-16, BombayMix <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote:
>>> someone that has betrayed. Since, a troll doesn't have a helmet in
>>> Qeynos the game must assign one. Don't know the rules (ie random or
>>> always the same)
>>>

>> Betrayers get given some ridiculous hamlet, but its consistent for
>> them, and I believe for all races who betray - My dark elf gone
>> light ranger (snicker) always gates to dwarftown, and I've seen
>> trolls and ogres appearing on the gate spot too.
>
> Yeah my little rat monk betrayed Freeport...killed over 500 gnolls, 3
> named in Antonica, two more in Blackburrow and did a LOT of freakin'
> bird hopping and running only to find out that Qeynos values him so
> much as to assign him EASILY the ugliest, Freeport-ish looking suburb
> of Qeynos...Graystone. Blah, if he wanted ugly he would have stayed in
> Freeport. :p

So that's where all those vermin have been coming from...

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Retired
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner, Retired

"Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> Yeah my little rat monk betrayed Freeport...killed over 500 gnolls, 3
>> named in Antonica, two more in Blackburrow and did a LOT of freakin'
>> bird hopping and running only to find out that Qeynos values him so
>> much as to assign him EASILY the ugliest, Freeport-ish looking suburb
>> of Qeynos...Graystone. Blah, if he wanted ugly he would have stayed in
>> Freeport. :p
>>

> So that's where all those vermin have been coming from...

On the bright side, we do smell better than dwarfs.

"Dan Harmon" <deharmon@bigfoot.com> wrote in news:6PednbdXfY5QAxbfRVn-
jA@giganews.com:

> "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
>>> Yeah my little rat monk betrayed Freeport...killed over 500 gnolls, 3
>>> named in Antonica, two more in Blackburrow and did a LOT of freakin'
>>> bird hopping and running only to find out that Qeynos values him so
>>> much as to assign him EASILY the ugliest, Freeport-ish looking suburb
>>> of Qeynos...Graystone. Blah, if he wanted ugly he would have stayed
in
>>> Freeport. :p
>>>

>> So that's where all those vermin have been coming from...
>
> On the bright side, we do smell better than dwarfs.

Yes, your noses do function better, which surprises me to considering how
badly you stink compared to dwarves and even barbarians...

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Retired
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner, Retired

TRENDING THREADS