Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can I run battlefield 3 with my specs?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 30, 2012 1:36:35 PM

I just bought Battlefield 3, currently updating it and I just would like to ask if my PC can handle single player and multiplayer with decent fps or without fps lag. Here are my specs.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/12/2012, 22:08:55
Machine name: ERIC-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.091207-1941)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/10 19:13:52 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3062MB RAM
Page File: 2776MB used, 3346MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 210
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 210
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A23&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A2
Display Memory: 2253 MB
Dedicated Memory: 978 MB
Shared Memory: 1275 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: 831W
Monitor Id: AOC1831
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.790Hz)
Output Type: HD15

I really hope you guys give me a truthful and I hope its good news

PS: I already know what I need to upgrade but before that time I'd like to ask you guys If I can run Battlefield 3 with my current specs.

More about : run battlefield specs

July 30, 2012 1:47:01 PM

CPU: Fine
RAM: 3GB is under the recommended, but should be ok
GPU: Not looking good

The most important part of your PC for BF3 is your graphics card, and the recommended card is the Nvidia GTX 560 ($160).

Your Geforce 210 seems to meet the minimum requirements, being a DX10 card with over 512mb of VRAM, but its not going to run it well at all.
m
0
l
July 30, 2012 1:47:34 PM

Sorry, it cannot handle it even at lowest settings. Your graphics card is too weak.

@Gallarian: no, it does not meet the requirements. Minimum stated is 8800 GT, which is way faster than GT 210.


OS: Windows Vista or Windows 7
Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.
Graphics card memory: 512 MB
Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-graphics-card-revi...

8800 GT is much much much higher.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 30, 2012 1:48:59 PM

Sunius said:
Sorry, it cannot handle it even at lowest settings. Your graphics card is too weak.

@Gallarian: no, it does not meet the requirements. Minimum stated is 8800 GT, which is way faster than GT 210.



But why do I see people on youtube posting game footage with Nvidia Geforce 210 and run it fine?
m
0
l
July 30, 2012 1:49:45 PM

Sunius said:
Sorry, it cannot handle it even at lowest settings. Your graphics card is too weak.

@Gallarian: no, it does not meet the requirements. Minimum stated is 8800 GT, which is way faster than GT 210.


Didnt look at a stated card, only the specs - but yeah as you say, a 8800 GT is far superior.

Edit - seems like it will run on a 210 but very badly.
m
0
l
July 30, 2012 2:00:11 PM

Gallarian said:
Didnt look at a stated card, only the specs - but yeah as you say, a 8800 GT is far superior.

Edit - seems like it will run on a 210 but very badly.



But how do these people run it so smoothly?

m
0
l
July 30, 2012 2:06:23 PM

I think it's fake.. or well, he's looking at the sky in that video all the time, I could not imagine good gameplay when being on the ground, shooting at stuff.
m
0
l
July 30, 2012 2:07:59 PM

Corvinus313 said:
But how do these people run it so smoothly?




Firstly, how can you be sure thats his video? He's included a Copyright disclaimer in the description, why would he need to do if he recorded it himself?

and how do you know thats smooth? Almost any frame rate looks smooth on a youtube video, its why you dont notice when youre watching a movie thats shot at 24fps.

Also take in to account screen resolution, that video doesnt tell you what hes running at.

Finally, that level is not demanding at all. Your looking at still image textures pretty much the whole time. a 64 player multiplayer game would run very differently.
m
0
l
July 30, 2012 2:14:40 PM

I forgot to mention that I have Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB does that make a difference?
m
0
l
July 30, 2012 2:14:44 PM

It wont run well I know people have made it run on worse cards but there's a world of difference between make it run and playable. Minimum settings on a awful resolution and you may make a (just about) playabale framerate.

Also your losing RAM there if that windows is retail reinstall it as 64Bit.
m
0
l
July 30, 2012 2:19:32 PM

Corvinus313 said:
I forgot to mention that I have Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB does that make a difference?



Not really - Heres a more reliable video of gameplay on 210: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=i...

As you can see, he has to play on all low setting and on a terribly low resolution to even achieve slide-show like frame rates.


I hate to be a buzz kill, but you will really have to invest in a new graphics card if you seriously want to play this game.
m
0
l
July 30, 2012 2:19:41 PM

wr6133 said:
It wont run well I know people have made it run on worse cards but there's a world of difference between make it run and playable. Minimum settings on a awful resolution and you may make a (just about) playabale framerate.

Also your losing RAM there if that windows is retail reinstall it as 64Bit.



Yes, I will reinstall it to 64bit soon. My technician is injured so I can't right now.
m
0
l
July 30, 2012 2:25:06 PM

Gallarian said:
Not really - Heres a more reliable video of gameplay on 210: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=i...

As you can see, he has to play on all low setting and on a terribly low resolution to even achieve slide-show like frame rates.


I hate to be a buzz kill, but you will really have to invest in a new graphics card if you seriously want to play this game.



Hmmm. Thnx for the link I think. I can manage that, I have 3GB RAM Windows 7 i3 I think I can get more fps I mean I can still lower the resolution.

And I've already asked here what good rig for my budget

m
0
l
July 30, 2012 2:26:52 PM

1024x768 is minimum resolution for battlefield 3, you cannot set it lower.
m
0
l
July 30, 2012 2:40:59 PM

Corvinus313 said:
Hmmm. Thnx for the link I think. I can manage that, I have 3GB RAM Windows 7 i3 I think I can get more fps I mean I can still lower the resolution.

And I've already asked here what good rig for my budget




Windows 7 means you have to have more RAM, so your advantage there is reduced. Also, the game will be GPU bound long before your CPU will have a signification effect.


A GTX 560 would be a solid upgrade. (Will require a 500w PSU with 2x 6pin PCI-E cables)
m
0
l
July 30, 2012 2:48:37 PM

Gallarian said:
Windows 7 means you have to have more RAM, so your advantage there is reduced. Also, the game will be GPU bound long before your CPU will have a signification effect.


A GTX 560 would be a solid upgrade. (Will require a 500w PSU with 2x 6pin PCI-E cables)



That's what I said I was getting in my previous thread here's the upgrade I'm getting.





m
0
l
August 3, 2012 10:40:00 AM

Haha, good to know you have it working to your liking, enjoy :) 
m
0
l
August 3, 2012 11:07:47 AM

Is that with Geforce 210 :o 
m
0
l
August 3, 2012 3:11:56 PM

Gallarian said:
Haha, good to know you have it working to your liking, enjoy :) 


Thanks, still I feel not contented on my frame rates. Upgrade is inevitable.





Sunius said:
Is that with Geforce 210 :o 



Yes sir :)  Nvidia Geforce 210 all low settings and I can play decent fps 29~55's. No I didn't overclock my GPU cuz I don't know how, If I did, would you suggest overclocking my GPU? And How xD
m
0
l
August 3, 2012 5:17:06 PM

Also what resolution is that?
m
0
l
August 4, 2012 3:46:19 AM

Sunius said:
Also what resolution is that?




800x600 resolution :)  Doesn't look like low resolution to me but it preforms well.
m
0
l
August 4, 2012 5:44:52 AM

Actually it looks terrible :D .
m
0
l
!