new to this Oclocking

G

First let me give U a rundown on what I have..
900Mhz AMD Athlon
ASUS A7V266-E 128MB RAM
GForce 2MX 200
Win 98
300 W Power Supply
One Huge CPU Fan (Don't remeber brand)
Cheap stock monitor
Now School me here, what do I need to upgrade,tweak,ect...
I really wan't to overclock this baby but don't know how.
The rest of this will be upgraded depending on what I hear from all of U... this could be one dream mashine in the future ahhh.....

Semper Fi

G

"Do you have a black case? Have you tried flaming or pinstriping it?"

what do these mean? pls explain

what frequency? I'm new to this stuff..school me..

Semper Fi

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It was a joke, I was telling you how to make it LOOK faster. You don't appear to have the technical knowledge to even try making it faster.

OK, you could probabably overclock the CPU to 1200MHz by increasing your bus speed to 133, but first, do you even know what kind of memory you have? Did you know that with AMD, "200MHz bus" actually means 100MHz using DDR, so that the 133 setting would give you what AMD calls "266"?

You might have to increase your core voltage to make it stable. Does your motherboard support this? If not, do you know how to do it on the chip?

You have a GeForce2 MX200. This card is much slower than even the 3 year old original TNT2 cards. Did it come with the computer or are your that uneducated as to actually buy one?

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Fuzz009

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2001
increasing the bus speed to 133mhz..WOW.

That would be fantasic!

I have the same set up. My post should be close to here. Will that run the pci and agp to harsh if you do not have one of these dividers?

I am ready to start pushing my system but I do not want to burn out my santa cruz sound and g3ti500 vid. IT is my pride and joy..the only thing going for my system right now.

THanks

Without adjustable dividers your AGP will be 2/3 of 133MHz = 89MHz which decent grahics cards can handle.

Your PCI however, will be 1/3 of 133 = 43.3MHz, and anything over 40MHz is pushing it. I find instabilities over 37.5MHz PCI, but then I'm not an experienced overclocker.

:cool: <b><font color=blue>The Cisco Kid</font color=blue></b> :cool:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
All AMD motherboards with the KT133A or newer chipset support 133/66/33MHz FSB/AGP/PCI, so not to worry unless your stuck with the original KT133 (before "A") or AMD Irongate chipset.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

TRENDING THREADS