Shared printer will NOT Network W/out Password

I have a HP Laserjet 2300 connected directly to a compter running WinXPPro. I
have shared the printer to the network. I have various computers running
Win2K, WinXPPro and Win98 trying to connect to it via the network. When the
attempt to connect is made a request for a password is made! Does this mean I
will have to set up a user account for each and every person who logs on to
these other computers and attempts to connect to the printer???
1 answer Last reply
More about shared printer network password

    See Bruce Sanderson's article at:
    www.coribright.com

    "wcdep" <wcdep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a HP Laserjet 2300 connected directly to a compter running WinXPPro.
    > have shared the printer to the network. I have various computers running
    > Win2K, WinXPPro and Win98 trying to connect to it via the network. When
    > the
    > attempt to connect is made a request for a password is made! Does this
    > mean I
    > will have to set up a user account for each and every person who logs on
    > these other computers and attempts to connect to the printer???

Connection Shared Printer Windows XP