Crashing problems

benjammiin

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
Hello,
I have been having serious crashing problems on games such as Blacklight Retribution and Just Cause 2. I have ruled out software problems (for the most part) on the games because Just Cause 2 use to work perfectly. I'm thinking I am having a piece of hardware fail. Blacklight is the game I'm concerned about right now. I can start the game and browse the menus, but when I go to change my video settings 80% of the time after hitting accept it will crash. Other times are when I'm just playing a game then it crashes, but it's not a crash where it just send me to the desktop and gives me a crash report, it restarts my computer. The start up is usually slow after this and sometimes my mouse and keyboard wont work. I don't really know what's going on I hope to turn to you guys for some info. Thank you

benjammiin

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012

Once I found the problem the first thing I did was blow out the whole thing. It's entirely clean right now. I have not checked the RAM yet though. I just did a stress test on the PSU and literally not even a second after pressing "ON" it shut the computer off.

benjammiin

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012

I have tried with Just Cause 2 also and it has done this. I don't have many games installed at the moment. It did crash while it would idle for a small period of time, but hasn't done it lately.