Crashing problems

Hello,
I have been having serious crashing problems on games such as Blacklight Retribution and Just Cause 2. I have ruled out software problems (for the most part) on the games because Just Cause 2 use to work perfectly. I'm thinking I am having a piece of hardware fail. Blacklight is the game I'm concerned about right now. I can start the game and browse the menus, but when I go to change my video settings 80% of the time after hitting accept it will crash. Other times are when I'm just playing a game then it crashes, but it's not a crash where it just send me to the desktop and gives me a crash report, it restarts my computer. The start up is usually slow after this and sometimes my mouse and keyboard wont work. I don't really know what's going on I hope to turn to you guys for some info. Thank you
7 answers Last reply
More about crashing problems
  1. I would say the first step would be to see what memtest86+ has to say about the state of your RAM. I would also be sure to crack the case and blow out the dust bunnies if you haven't done so recently.
  2. Could be the power supply is on its way out.
  3. if the computer gives you a crash report, it might be helpful to analyze what the report is telling you...
  4. Does the crash happen only while gaming or does it happen randomly even when your PC is at idle?
    Have you got any other games to confirm this?
  5. cl-scott said:
    I would say the first step would be to see what memtest86+ has to say about the state of your RAM. I would also be sure to crack the case and blow out the dust bunnies if you haven't done so recently.

Once I found the problem the first thing I did was blow out the whole thing. It's entirely clean right now. I have not checked the RAM yet though. I just did a stress test on the PSU and literally not even a second after pressing "ON" it shut the computer off.
  6. Gman450 said:
    Does the crash happen only while gaming or does it happen randomly even when your PC is at idle?
    Have you got any other games to confirm this?

I have tried with Just Cause 2 also and it has done this. I don't have many games installed at the moment. It did crash while it would idle for a small period of time, but hasn't done it lately.
  7. I didn't realize this was the old thread I have an updated thread of my problem after ruling out such things. I have mistaken this thread for the other. My bad.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games