Can not see printers in control panel

I go into the printer menu in XP to reconfigure a printer but I do not see
any printer listing nor the add printer icon. Is there a button I am
forgetting to set? (Note: My programs can select my existing printers but I
can not add a printer.)

From a command prompt, type:

net start spooler

and hit enter

See lf they have returned.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"HAMMER537" <HAMMER537@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I go into the printer menu in XP to reconfigure a printer but I do not see
> any printer listing nor the add printer icon. Is there a button I am
> forgetting to set? (Note: My programs can select my existing printers but
> can not add a printer.)

The spooler is running but the area showing the installed printers is blank
and the add printer funtion still does not work.