Sign in with
Your question

Problems running Battlefield 3

Last response: in Video Games
July 31, 2012 12:14:16 AM

Hello, i purchased my first gaming pc back in March and I'm having major problems running battlefield. I feel that i should be able to run everything on high but not without taking a major fps and jittery tax. My specs are as followed.

i7 3820 3.8ghz
Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
AMD 7950
8gbs ram
120GB ADATA S510

What could be some ways to fix, or correct issues so that i may run this at 1920x1080 on high without the jittery feeling im getting on the screen? I can't find a solution. I haven't overclocked or tweaked with any of the settings as i am still fairly new to computer gaming. Please help.
July 31, 2012 12:44:30 AM

Its like the video but not quite as bad, more as you said a stuttering issue. I just don't understand it.
July 31, 2012 1:28:48 AM

I found it strange at first too. I kind of like it now though.
Related resources
July 31, 2012 3:15:41 AM

voiidwulf said:
I found it strange at first too. I kind of like it now though.

Doyou mind telling me your ingame specs Void? V-sync on or off? Resolution, graphic settings etc?
July 31, 2012 6:08:31 AM

kmwadley said:
Doyou mind telling me your ingame specs Void? V-sync on or off? Resolution, graphic settings etc?

Everything is at the max, and I play at 1920 x 1080. Vsync off because I usually am around 40-50 FPS.
July 31, 2012 12:27:26 PM

So is your problem low FPS or stuttering?

If its FPS - Make sure you have the latest drivers, and maybe turn off the demanind MSAA and HBAO settings.

If its stutterin - Unfortunately, your not the only one plagued by the issue, I get quite a lot of it too. Some way to reduce it are - disabling Vsync, motion blur and setting the texture quality down from Ultra.
a b 4 Gaming
July 31, 2012 12:27:55 PM

kmwadley said:
Hello, i purchased my first gaming pc back in March and I'm having major problems running battlefield. I feel that i should be able to run everything on high but not without taking a major fps and jittery tax. My specs are as followed.

i7 3820 3.8ghz
Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
AMD 7950
8gbs ram
120GB ADATA S510

What could be some ways to fix, or correct issues so that i may run this at 1920x1080 on high without the jittery feeling im getting on the screen? I can't find a solution. I haven't overclocked or tweaked with any of the settings as i am still fairly new to computer gaming. Please help.

Hello, can you explain what the problem is? I'm unsure what we are trying to fix at this point...
!