attn: alpha 8045 owners

G

I just bought the heatsink and i think the product is great in all aspects. Im using an enermax 40cfm fan on it right now (i cant deal with the jet engine sounding fans =P). My question is are you guys running your fans so that it blows into the heatsink or away from it? and out of curiousity what fans are you guys using...thanx

G

sorry dude, I don't have a real answer for ur question, but I read in a review somewhere that you get roughly the same amount of cooling either way if the ambient temperature of ur case is fairly cool. But if ur case doesn't have many fans to keep up a good circulation of air, then blowing down onto the HS is worse ??? I didn't think that made much sense :frown: , but maybe it is of some help 2 u?

Do u have anything u should warn me about the Alpha 8045? I am planning on buying one for my new system in a few weeks. Is it a difficult fan to find a mobo to fit it? I am going to get a Soltek SL-DRV-4... what mobo have u got, and do u think the alpha will be too big for a Soltek?

<i>It's alive!!! hahahahaha!!!</i>

Boondock_Saint

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2001
The fan is to blow down for maximum effect, as forcing air down quickly against the surfaces moves more air than trying to rely on lateral suction of air into the heatsink center.

:tongue: Have you ever tried cooking an egg on your HSF? Tasty. :tongue:

G

nope..no warning about this heatsink. i think its a really good product. just use some artic silver when u put it on. Also im not sure but u might wanan check to make sure it will fit ur mobo.

saxile

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
Alpha has always made the best heatsink, I have one on the way, should get here tomorrow. I also ordered some Artic Silver three, threw my artic silver two away.

P.S.
I've used alpha since back in the 133mhz days, always worked great fer me, so they always have at least one returnin customer

G

right, thanx guys.. I've heard twice now that I should be careful the HS fits the mobo.

Can anyone tell me exactly what Artic Silver is (well duh, I know it's a heat transfer compound :smile: ), why it is so good, and what's the difference between II and III?

<i>It's alive!!! hahahahaha!!!</i>

TRENDING THREADS