Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a z51 Lex and a Canon s820 for respective text and photo
printing--they have been working as designed for the past 2 years until this
morning the power and paper feed lights started flashing while usuing the
z51.I checked everything and found the Lexmark paper feed installation file
of all things in the print que box and it will not allow me to delete it.Now
the windows services spooler service keeps blowing out so I cant do anything
with faxes or printers,microsoft has a gazzillion error reports from me
---can anyone give me some direction??

Disconnect the Lexmark printer and reboot the PC.

www.coribright.com

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a z51 Lex and a Canon s820 for respective text and photo
> printing--they have been working as designed for the past 2 years until
> this
> morning the power and paper feed lights started flashing while usuing the
> z51.I checked everything and found the Lexmark paper feed installation
> file
> of all things in the print que box and it will not allow me to delete
> it.Now
> the windows services spooler service keeps blowing out so I cant do
> anything
> with faxes or printers,microsoft has a gazzillion error reports from me
> ---can anyone give me some direction??

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've done that Cari,that is a good fix but not this time,I continue to get a
Spooler sub system application problem message.I,ve tried uninstalling the
printer but it's even gone from my add/remove program list,the print que
shows the offending file within the que as "deleting"-------for the last 4
hours

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Disconnect the Lexmark printer and reboot the PC.

> www.coribright.com
>
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a z51 Lex and a Canon s820 for respective text and photo
> > printing--they have been working as designed for the past 2 years until
> > this
> > morning the power and paper feed lights started flashing while usuing the
> > z51.I checked everything and found the Lexmark paper feed installation
> > file
> > of all things in the print que box and it will not allow me to delete
> > it.Now
> > the windows services spooler service keeps blowing out so I cant do
> > anything
> > with faxes or printers,microsoft has a gazzillion error reports from me
> > ---can anyone give me some direction??

See Bruce Sanderson's article at:
and pay particular attention to steps 15 thru 17.

> I've done that Cari,that is a good fix but not this time,I continue to get
> Spooler sub system application problem message.I,ve tried uninstalling the
> printer but it's even gone from my add/remove program list,the print que
> shows the offending file within the que as "deleting"-------for the last 4
> hours
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Disconnect the Lexmark printer and reboot the PC.
>>

>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a z51 Lex and a Canon s820 for respective text and photo
>> > printing--they have been working as designed for the past 2 years until
>> > this
>> > morning the power and paper feed lights started flashing while usuing
>> > the
>> > z51.I checked everything and found the Lexmark paper feed installation
>> > file
>> > of all things in the print que box and it will not allow me to delete
>> > it.Now
>> > the windows services spooler service keeps blowing out so I cant do
>> > anything
>> > with faxes or printers,microsoft has a gazzillion error reports from me
>> > ---can anyone give me some direction??

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I think you've given me the ticket ---I'm dumping the old Lex completely and
this is it i'm sure---I've only had problems since I loaded sp2,the problem
isn't unique to my os (XP Pro) apparently.I'll give it a go --thanks Cari.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> See Bruce Sanderson's article at:
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> and pay particular attention to steps 15 thru 17.
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've done that Cari,that is a good fix but not this time,I continue to get
> > Spooler sub system application problem message.I,ve tried uninstalling the
> > printer but it's even gone from my add/remove program list,the print que
> > shows the offending file within the que as "deleting"-------for the last 4
> > hours
> >

> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Disconnect the Lexmark printer and reboot the PC.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> >> www.coribright.com
> >>
> >> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Right on Cari---up and running as new,thank you.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> See Bruce Sanderson's article at:
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> and pay particular attention to steps 15 thru 17.
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've done that Cari,that is a good fix but not this time,I continue to get
> > Spooler sub system application problem message.I,ve tried uninstalling the
> > printer but it's even gone from my add/remove program list,the print que
> > shows the offending file within the que as "deleting"-------for the last 4
> > hours
> >

> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Disconnect the Lexmark printer and reboot the PC.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> >> www.coribright.com
> >>
> >> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Happy printing!