Compaq Deskpro 6000 Case

Can someone tell me where to find a case for a Compaq Deskpro 6000
computer. I have a motherboard with all the hardware except a case.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The only case for a Compaq DeskPro 6000 is apparently a case for a Compaq
DeskPro 6000 (or 4000) computer. The motherboard form factor with riser card is
proprietary to Compaq, not something which can be installed in a generic case.

After many years, Compaq got away from all of its strange proprietary shapes and
sizes of parts. But the DeskPro 6000 pre-dates the change. My suggestion is to
either get an entire DeskPro 6000 system as-is, or get another less proprietary
system from the same era (or later)... Ben Myers

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 02:43:51 GMT, ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net
(Ben Myers) wrote:

>The only case for a Compaq DeskPro 6000 is apparently a case for a Compaq
>DeskPro 6000 (or 4000) computer. The motherboard form factor with riser card is
>proprietary to Compaq, not something which can be installed in a generic case.
>
>After many years, Compaq got away from all of its strange proprietary shapes and
>sizes of parts. But the DeskPro 6000 pre-dates the change. My suggestion is to
>either get an entire DeskPro 6000 system as-is, or get another less proprietary
>system from the same era (or later)... Ben Myers
>
>On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 20:25:56 -0500, jbim@cogeco.ca wrote:
>
>>Can someone tell me where to find a case for a Compaq Deskpro 6000
>>computer. I have a motherboard with all the hardware except a case.
>>Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Ben, that was the feeling I had but I've searched high and low
for a Compaq Deskpro 6000 dead or alive and no luck yet. Got any
suggestions?