Managed Mapi cotostophic Failure--Faxing with XP Pro

Hi,

I keep getting Managed Mapi cotostophic Failure "Unknown Error"
When I turn on the fax wizard in Windows XP Pro and click on the address book.

What is going on and how can I fix it?

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about managed mapi cotostophic failure faxing

    Which address book did you configure XP Fax to use?
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I keep getting Managed Mapi cotostophic Failure "Unknown Error"
    > When I turn on the fax wizard in Windows XP Pro and click on the address
    > book.
    >
    > What is going on and how can I fix it?
    >
    > Thanks

    I used Business contacts and then switched to "contacts" because I kept
    getting the error. I have tried all the address book options in the address
    book to clear the error.

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

    > Which address book did you configure XP Fax to use?
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I keep getting Managed Mapi cotostophic Failure "Unknown Error"
    > > When I turn on the fax wizard in Windows XP Pro and click on the address
    > > book.
    > >
    > > What is going on and how can I fix it?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    I assume you mean Outlook then?
    Is your Outlook Address Book configured correctly?
    --
    >I used Business contacts and then switched to "contacts" because I kept
    > getting the error. I have tried all the address book options in the
    > address
    > book to clear the error.
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
    >
    >> Which address book did you configure XP Fax to use?
    >> --
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > I keep getting Managed Mapi cotostophic Failure "Unknown Error"
    >> > When I turn on the fax wizard in Windows XP Pro and click on the
    >> > address
    >> > book.
    >> >
    >> > What is going on and how can I fix it?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks

    How would I check to see if it is configured properly?

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

    > I assume you mean Outlook then?
    > Is your Outlook Address Book configured correctly?
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I used Business contacts and then switched to "contacts" because I kept
    > > getting the error. I have tried all the address book options in the
    > > address
    > > book to clear the error.
    > >
    > > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Which address book did you configure XP Fax to use?
    > >> --
    > >> Russ Valentine
    > >> [MVP-Outlook]
    > >> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Open it.
    See if it displays all the electronic addresses of your Contacts correctly.
    --
    > How would I check to see if it is configured properly?
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
    >
    >> I assume you mean Outlook then?
    >> Is your Outlook Address Book configured correctly?
    >> --
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I used Business contacts and then switched to "contacts" because I kept
    >> > getting the error. I have tried all the address book options in the
    >> > address
    >> > book to clear the error.

Fax Microsoft Windows XP