Amnesia the dark descent

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Does anything happen in this game. I've been playing for 2 hours now and the only thing that happens is the screen shakes and it makes a scary noise. I thought that was going to be like the first 30 minutes. Many people regard this as the scariest game out there. So when is this going to be demonstrated? Because I'm beginning to think I should just cut my loses as I only spent 5 bucks on it. I just dissolved that skin crap in the entrance hall with the acid I made in the lab. So is anything going to happen soon? Because if something doesn't happen in the next hour I really don't care anymore.

psychodegu

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
So you didn't even do the water area yet. You stopped right before one of the scariest parts, that may make you paranoid of water. Still if you were really bored by the game so far, maybe this game isn't for you. Just so you know you had several chances to see one of the thing that is stalking about the game, it is just that they don't really try to kill you until after you leave the entrance hall.

This game is more about immersion. If you aren't playing this game at night in a dark room, the fear factor goes way down. Eventually you will bump into creatures and you'll have to flee or hide.

I thought it was a good game, but wouldn't pay full price for it. $5 is excellent for this game.

The reason why I did not complete that game was because it scared the hell out of me! Seriously it's a good game. But you're entitled to your own opinion. But just feel immersed in it. Also, I advice you play it with headphones rather than with speakers.
And I don't think you've encountered any monsters yet. When you reach a level where you've got to get past a water monster that's invisible, I assure you that the adrenaline will surge into your veins before you know it. :)

Most games looked like this or worse in the 80's and 90's yet everyone still played them and though they were great. I think you lack some imagination. You probably hated DOOM when it first came out too.

mi1ez

Splendid
That game is by far the most scary game I've ever played. Sure, the graphics aren't all that, but the balance of being seen in the light but going insane in the dark is one of the most innovative game mechanics I've seen for a while!

You can't compare pokemon to Amnesia. Pokemon is not a horror game, which is why I used DOOM as a comparison. Heck D&D wouldn't even exist if people couldn't use their imagination to immerse themselves. You don't go to the movies and say "gee, that sucked becuase movies aren't even real".

If you didn't like the game, I respect that, but to say it sucked because the graphics weren't top notch doesn't cut the mustard.

Avaruz

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
If you are sitting there asking why the game is not scary, instead of enjoying the game, of course it will never be scary. If you are not capable of any immersion, just forget about it. If you want to give it a try, accept the game, make use of a large monitor, play alone and at night.

A lot of stuff happens in the game such as puzzles, avoiding death and story elements. Graphically, the game does not look much, but that can be said about half the games out there.

Ending my post slightly rude, but if you are incapable of enjoying a game because of average graphics, when you are sitting there with a GTX 560 TI, you really have no idea what you are doing.

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012
That makes no sense. The 560ti is a strong card, stronger than what most people have. Also I have 2 so I am stronger than a 580. With one I could play almost any game on the high or highest setting in 1080p with at least an average of 30fps. So when you make stupid comments like that why don't you look as some benchmarks before you make an incredibly stupid comment. *** off don't post on this thread again. At least the others were a little respectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.