COMPAQ A1000

Please help! I have a COMPAQ A1000 all in one printer, fax, scan, and copy. I
can do everything but print from the computer. I've been trying for two days.
HELP!
--
ang
4 answers Last reply

    Enable "bi-directional support" by going to:
    Start > Settings > Printers and Faxes, then
    right-click on your printer's icon and select:
    Properties > Ports.

    Have you installed the latest Windows XP drivers?

    Compaq A1000 Update Driver for Windows 2000/XP
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?product=216824&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&os=228&softwareitem=oi-22829-1

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "angiebabie75" wrote:

    | Please help! I have a COMPAQ A1000 all in one printer, fax, scan, and copy. I
    | can do everything but print from the computer. I've been trying for two days.
    | HELP!
    | --
    | ang

    I have done all of that already. Anything else you can think of ?

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Enable "bi-directional support" by going to:
    > Start > Settings > Printers and Faxes, then
    > right-click on your printer's icon and select:
    > Properties > Ports.
    >
    > Have you installed the latest Windows XP drivers?
    >
    > Compaq A1000 Update Driver for Windows 2000/XP
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?product=216824&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&os=228&softwareitem=oi-22829-1
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    > "angiebabie75" wrote:
    >
    > | Please help! I have a COMPAQ A1000 all in one printer, fax, scan, and copy. I
    > | can do everything but print from the computer. I've been trying for two days.
    > | HELP!
    > | --
    > | ang

    Resources for troubleshooting printing problems in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308028

    Troubleshooting general printing problems in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314085

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "angiebabie75" wrote:

    | I have done all of that already. Anything else you can think of ?

    Have you checked the ink cartridges?
    www.coribright.com

    "angiebabie75" <angiebabie75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Please help! I have a COMPAQ A1000 all in one printer, fax, scan, and
    > copy. I
    > can do everything but print from the computer. I've been trying for two
    > days.
    > HELP!
    > --
    > ang