Old HP Pavilion doesn't print with XP

I upgraded my HP Pavilion 8370 to XP and now my 990Cxi printer doesn't work.
I recall reading something about a bios change that will correct problem. HP
doesn't support XP on these old computers so no luck with HP.

Any help would be appreciated.

Printer should be DISCONNECTED during upgrade.
www.coribright.com

"bigb80524" <bigb80524@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I upgraded my HP Pavilion 8370 to XP and now my 990Cxi printer doesn't
>work.
> I recall reading something about a bios change that will correct problem.
> HP
> doesn't support XP on these old computers so no luck with HP.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

HP Deskjet 990cxi Printer Full Feature Software/Driver
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?product=60098&os=228&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&softwareitem=dj-21737-1

HP Deskjet 990cxi Printer Setup and install
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/setupCategory?product=60098&os=228&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"bigb80524" wrote:

| I upgraded my HP Pavilion 8370 to XP and now my 990Cxi printer doesn't work.
| I recall reading something about a bios change that will correct problem. HP
| doesn't support XP on these old computers so no luck with HP.
|
| Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Carey,

I reviewed these two URLs and didn't find anything to address my problem.
Was there something specific on these two sites that you intended for me to
look for? I loaded the software from the CD that came with the printer. I
performed a computer check a the one URL you gave and it said my drivers are
current.

I recall needing to make a bios change to get the printer to work with the
8370 bios. Is there information about the bios change on the web sites you
provided?

Thanks.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> HP Deskjet 990cxi Printer Full Feature Software/Driver
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?product=60098&os=228&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&softwareitem=dj-21737-1
>
> HP Deskjet 990cxi Printer Setup and install
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/setupCategory?product=60098&os=228&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "bigb80524" wrote:
>
> | I upgraded my HP Pavilion 8370 to XP and now my 990Cxi printer doesn't work.
> | I recall reading something about a bios change that will correct problem. HP
> | doesn't support XP on these old computers so no luck with HP.
> |
> | Any help would be appreciated.

I am pretty sure there was a KB at MS on this at one time. I can't find it
now. Here are some others with the same type of issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322961&Product=winxp
"Document Failed to Print" Error Message After You Upgrade to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315325&Product=winxp
You Cannot Print Documents After Upgrade to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313468&Product=winxp
Dell Dimension 8100 Computer Cannot Print After You Install Windows XP

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team