Old HP Pavilion doesn't print with XP

I upgraded my HP Pavilion 8370 to XP and now my 990Cxi printer doesn't work.
I recall reading something about a bios change that will correct problem. HP
doesn't support XP on these old computers so no luck with HP.

Any help would be appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about pavilion doesn print

    Printer should be DISCONNECTED during upgrade.
    www.coribright.com

    "bigb80524" <bigb80524@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I upgraded my HP Pavilion 8370 to XP and now my 990Cxi printer doesn't
    >work.
    > I recall reading something about a bios change that will correct problem.
    > HP
    > doesn't support XP on these old computers so no luck with HP.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    HP Deskjet 990cxi Printer Full Feature Software/Driver
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?product=60098&os=228&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&softwareitem=dj-21737-1

    HP Deskjet 990cxi Printer Setup and install
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/setupCategory?product=60098&os=228&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "bigb80524" wrote:

    | I upgraded my HP Pavilion 8370 to XP and now my 990Cxi printer doesn't work.
    | I recall reading something about a bios change that will correct problem. HP
    | doesn't support XP on these old computers so no luck with HP.
    |
    | Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks Carey,

    I reviewed these two URLs and didn't find anything to address my problem.
    Was there something specific on these two sites that you intended for me to
    look for? I loaded the software from the CD that came with the printer. I
    performed a computer check a the one URL you gave and it said my drivers are
    current.

    I recall needing to make a bios change to get the printer to work with the
    8370 bios. Is there information about the bios change on the web sites you
    provided?

    Thanks.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > HP Deskjet 990cxi Printer Full Feature Software/Driver
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?product=60098&os=228&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&softwareitem=dj-21737-1
    >
    > HP Deskjet 990cxi Printer Setup and install
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/setupCategory?product=60098&os=228&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    > "bigb80524" wrote:
    >
    > | I upgraded my HP Pavilion 8370 to XP and now my 990Cxi printer doesn't work.
    > | I recall reading something about a bios change that will correct problem. HP
    > | doesn't support XP on these old computers so no luck with HP.
    > |
    > | Any help would be appreciated.

    I am pretty sure there was a KB at MS on this at one time. I can't find it
    now. Here are some others with the same type of issue.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322961&Product=winxp
    "Document Failed to Print" Error Message After You Upgrade to Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315325&Product=winxp
    You Cannot Print Documents After Upgrade to Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313468&Product=winxp
    Dell Dimension 8100 Computer Cannot Print After You Install Windows XP

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    > Thanks Carey,
    >
    > I reviewed these two URLs and didn't find anything to address my problem.
    > Was there something specific on these two sites that you intended for me
    > look for? I loaded the software from the CD that came with the printer. I
    > performed a computer check a the one URL you gave and it said my drivers
    are
    > current.
    >
    > I recall needing to make a bios change to get the printer to work with the
    > 8370 bios. Is there information about the bios change on the web sites you
    > provided?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    > > HP Deskjet 990cxi Printer Full Feature Software/Driver

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?product=60098&os=228&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&softwareitem=dj-21737-1

    > > HP Deskjet 990cxi Printer Setup and install

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/setupCategory?product=60098&os=228&lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en

    > > --
    > > Carey Frisch
    > > Microsoft MVP
    > > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > >
    > > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx

    > > "bigb80524" wrote:
    > >
    > > | I upgraded my HP Pavilion 8370 to XP and now my 990Cxi printer doesn't
    work.
    > > | I recall reading something about a bios change that will correct
    problem. HP
    > > | doesn't support XP on these old computers so no luck with HP.
    > > |
    > > | Any help would be appreciated.

Windows XP Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion