Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

EQ2 Newbie question re: pets, plz help

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 17, 2005 4:07:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

My son has a L15 Sorcerer, and he's coming to me asking about pets he can
have - not the pets for his home, but the "sidekick" or helper types. He
says that some players have "crawlers" and "rumblers," and the like that
stay with the character all the time and can help the character in fights,
etc. I've seen them in the game, too, but I'm not a heavy player, so,
although I've read the manual and looked online, I can't give him the
information he needs.
Can someone clear this up for us?

Thank you,

jm
May 17, 2005 4:07:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Jake wrote:
> My son has a L15 Sorcerer, and he's coming to me asking about pets he can
> have - not the pets for his home, but the "sidekick" or helper types. He
> says that some players have "crawlers" and "rumblers," and the like that
> stay with the character all the time and can help the character in fights,
> etc. I've seen them in the game, too, but I'm not a heavy player, so,
> although I've read the manual and looked online, I can't give him the
> information he needs.
> Can someone clear this up for us?
>
> Thank you,
>
> jm
>
>
>
>
>

Only summoners can have pets. The summon pet spells are given to
summoners when they reach a certain lvl, just like a normal spell. I'm
not sure if other classes can have pets, but I'm pretty sure it's only
summoners.
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 4:07:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Tue, 17 May 2005 00:07:46 GMT, "Jake" <jake@yahoo.com> wrote:

>My son has a L15 Sorcerer, and he's coming to me asking about pets he can
>have - not the pets for his home, but the "sidekick" or helper types. He
>says that some players have "crawlers" and "rumblers," and the like that
>stay with the character all the time and can help the character in fights,
>etc. I've seen them in the game, too, but I'm not a heavy player, so,
>although I've read the manual and looked online, I can't give him the
>information he needs.
>Can someone clear this up for us?

The pets you mention are Summoner pets. I believe Wizards get
"familiars", which are kinda non combat pets. I'm not sure if they
offer any benefit or not, my familiarity with Wizards comes from
watching over the girlfriend's shoulder. Summoners later divide off
into Necromancers (Freeporters) and Conjurers (Qeynos). Necromancers
summon undead combat pets, while Conjurers summon elementals.

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Related resources
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 5:48:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

>On Tue, 17 May 2005 00:07:46 GMT, "Jake" <j...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>My son has a L15 Sorcerer, and he's coming to me asking about pets he
can
>>have - not the pets for his home, but the "sidekick" or helper types.
He
>>says that some players have "crawlers" and "rumblers," and the like
that
>>stay with the character all the time and can help the character in
fights,
>>etc. I've seen them in the game, too, but I'm not a heavy player,
so,
>>although I've read the manual and looked online, I can't give him the

>>information he needs.
>>Can someone clear this up for us?

>The pets you mention are Summoner pets. I believe Wizards get
>"familiars", which are kinda non combat pets. I'm not sure if they
>offer any benefit or not, my familiarity with Wizards comes from
>watching over the girlfriend's shoulder. Summoners later divide off
>into Necromancers (Freeporters) and Conjurers (Qeynos). Necromancers
>summon undead combat pets, while Conjurers summon elementals.

At lvl 20 Sorcerers can get a cat to follow them around but its a fluff
spell (ie has no benefits other then looks)

It you want one of any real use you need to be a summoner (and very
good they are too)
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 11:36:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On 17 May 2005 01:48:21 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
wrote:

>>The pets you mention are Summoner pets. I believe Wizards get
>>"familiars", which are kinda non combat pets. I'm not sure if they
>>offer any benefit or not, my familiarity with Wizards comes from
>>watching over the girlfriend's shoulder. Summoners later divide off
>>into Necromancers (Freeporters) and Conjurers (Qeynos). Necromancers
>>summon undead combat pets, while Conjurers summon elementals.
>
>At lvl 20 Sorcerers can get a cat to follow them around but its a fluff
>spell (ie has no benefits other then looks)

Yeah, think that's pretty much what the wizards get, too. Think they
were called familiars. Like I said, my info on Wizards only comes from
looking over the lady's shoulder as she plays. ;p

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 8:21:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Dark Tyger wrote:

> On 17 May 2005 01:48:21 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>
>>>The pets you mention are Summoner pets. I believe Wizards get
>>>"familiars", which are kinda non combat pets. I'm not sure if they
>>>offer any benefit or not, my familiarity with Wizards comes from
>>>watching over the girlfriend's shoulder. Summoners later divide off
>>>into Necromancers (Freeporters) and Conjurers (Qeynos). Necromancers
>>>summon undead combat pets, while Conjurers summon elementals.
>>
>>At lvl 20 Sorcerers can get a cat to follow them around but its a fluff
>>spell (ie has no benefits other then looks)
>
>
> Yeah, think that's pretty much what the wizards get, too. Think they
> were called familiars. Like I said, my info on Wizards only comes from
> looking over the lady's shoulder as she plays. ;p
>

Also Rangers have access to similar 'fluff' pets...my Ranger can summon
to his side a hawk, but it does absolutely nothing at all but sit there.
Something to be wary of if you're in battle and use 'target nearest NPC' ;-)

--
Michael Greenhalgh
http://tripleb.co.uk
---
MMORPGs
EverQuest:
Miglok | Half-Elf Ranger | Venril Sathir
Rayd | Iksar Shadowknight | Venril Sathir

EverQuest 2:
Miglok Skreefyre of Venril Sathir, Hunter of Gnolls | Half-Elf Ranger |
Lavastorm
Rayd | Dwarf Summoner | Lavastorm

Loony Goon Circus Guild | http://www.loonygooncircus.com |
http://lgc.eq2guilds.org

City of Heroes:
Shadow Ranger | Mutation Scrapper | Virtue

---
!