Billed for Get It Now services that I didn't buy

Last response: in Network Providers
March 15, 2005 1:45:10 AM

Hi,

I was billed for a bunch of Get It Now applications that I didn't
purchase, totaling about $20. I've called customer service and also
gone to a Verizon store, but they won't take the charges off.

The only thing I can think of is that someone picked up my old phone
(which I sold on eBay), bought some applications, but for some reason,
my old ESN was being billed for the applications. I know that tech
bugs like this happen, but Verizon will not accept this.

Does anyone have any recommendations for what I can do? I paid my
most recent bill, minus the $20 that I don't believe I should pay.

Mike

More about : billed services buy

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 1:45:11 AM

b4 u talk to a manager, talk to a sales rep again, then when they wont
take it off, get a little louder with them, then ask for a manager. the
manager usually gives in on this sort of action. :-) atleast they do
with me
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 1:45:11 AM

Mikey L wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was billed for a bunch of Get It Now applications that
> I didn't purchase, totaling about $20. I've called
> customer service and also gone to a Verizon store, but
> they won't take the charges off.
>
> The only thing I can think of is that someone picked up
> my old phone (which I sold on eBay), bought some
> applications, but for some reason, my old ESN was being
> billed for the applications. I know that tech bugs like
> this happen, but Verizon will not accept this.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for what I can do?
> I paid my most recent bill, minus the $20 that I don't
> believe I should pay.

Just a bit of advice. Pay the full bill. THEN dispute it.

If it goes on and is not resolved or not resolve in your
favor the non-paid-bill wheels keep turning. It's possible
that while you are trying to resolve this they will time
out on the unpaid bill, cut off your service, and it could
end up on your credit report.

The fact that they will be holding the $20 will have no
effect one way or the other on the outcome.

-Quick
March 15, 2005 2:39:04 AM

Mikey L <mikey0776-hi@yahoo.com> wrote:
: I was billed for a bunch of Get It Now applications that I didn't
: purchase, totaling about $20. I've called customer service and also
: gone to a Verizon store, but they won't take the charges off.

: The only thing I can think of is that someone picked up my old phone
: (which I sold on eBay), bought some applications, but for some reason,
: my old ESN was being billed for the applications. I know that tech
: bugs like this happen, but Verizon will not accept this.

: Does anyone have any recommendations for what I can do? I paid my
: most recent bill, minus the $20 that I don't believe I should pay.

I posted about something similar in a recent thread here. I was
billed for only one game ($2.99) that was downloaded by accident when
my phone was unlocked in my pocket. The CS rep removed the charge but
said no charges would be removed in the future. She said the way I
claimed the game was downloaded was "impossible" when it clearly was
possible. But unless you have a clamshell phone, could the same thing
have happened to you?

I guess if you are sure you did not download the apps by accident,
you could call CS again, raise the issue with a supervisor, and try to
get details about the charges such as when the apps were downloaded
and what ESN was used (if they will even provide that information).
Did you switch phones very recently?

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----