Multiple users printing from same PC

TJF

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004

I'm administrator on XP home PC with a network printer that is also locally
attached. Only I or anyone in the admin partition ("customized desktop") can
print. Users in their own partition cannot print to this locally attached
printer unless they switch users and go to the admin partition which is a bit
of a nuisance. I have no security tab so I assume that the default is set so
that all users should be able to print and the sharing tab is enabled. Any
thoughts?
--
TJF

Norton antivirus installed?
www.coribright.com

"TJF" <TJF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm administrator on XP home PC with a network printer that is also
> locally
> attached. Only I or anyone in the admin partition ("customized desktop")
> can
> print. Users in their own partition cannot print to this locally attached
> printer unless they switch users and go to the admin partition which is a
> bit
> of a nuisance. I have no security tab so I assume that the default is set
> so
> that all users should be able to print and the sharing tab is enabled. Any
> thoughts?
> --
> TJF

I have a similar problem. 2 user profiles - both set up as admins.
Whichever is first to log on discovers printer and works fine. When
second user logs on they discover printer but it immediately
disconnects and shows the red bar over the icon. Can switch back to
first user and print fine. Printer is officejet 600 locally attached.
Mcafee anti-virus running.