P3 overclocking

G

I have a pentium III 733 and a intel 815eea mobo which has no jumpers and grey bios settings . I was wondering if there is a way to physicaly over clock the chip by fooling the mobo the chip is a different chip through pin conections or covering ? Has anyone had any luck ? thanks fo the reply if u know

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you cannot oveclock a original Intel board, it does not support <i>any</i> kind of overclocking, but however you can use the softFSB (downloadable at voodoofiles) or the CPUFSB (downloadable at a number of places) and increase the FSB from Windows (and startup so that the system gets overclocked everytime)

girish

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
as far as fooling the motherboard is concerned, a 100 FSB processor could have done the trick, but the processor has just BF0:1 pins for 66/100/133/Auto settings, already set for 133 MHz. the multiplier is programmed into the processor (wish somebody gets a crack to the Pentium multiplier) and cannot be changed. The only option you have is to increase the FSB, which the board does not support. You must use the softFSB or cpufsb utilities.

girish

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's too bad you didn't have a PIII 700, you could overclock that to 933 simply by breaking off a pin! But no, the fastest bus speed for your board is 133, which you already have. Unless you use a program such as the ones mentioned.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

I have tried both programs and they dont suport the ICS 9250bf28 clock gen ..... argh any diferent prgs u know about ?? That may suport this clock...... tic. tic. tic.

G

try CHFSB, or email the maker of CPUFSB with your info so that he may add it to his next update. I know how you feel with this, i have a SE440BX board that dell [-peep-] locked tighter then a church girls pants lol. Also you may be able to oc it by doing the opposite of what i am doing. Try switching your ram to be pc100(or lower then p133), which will drop your FSB, then crank the FSB back up thru CPUFSB. This makes my 500mhz nail 617 but i am getting locked cause of the 100/133 combo. I dunno but good luck!

"Dude, your getting a dell!"