unlocking duron 750

G

ok guys i went back looking tru the past notes , maybe just didnt go back far enough. read toms notes on onlocking the durons and athlons but there seemed to be aproblem on how to open the jumpers i tried a dremal tool but the ceramic material around them is to hard for the stone. no after reading some of the notes are we supposted to open them all and close certain ones or close them all i`ve got a a7v133 mb so if its unlocked i can use the bios to adjust what i want so guys whats the real skinny on this ? also if they are to be opened what did u use ?

ok guys no longer need an answer to the above , found the post about the l1 pads number 2 pencil worked great as i`am writing this the old 750 is running at 900 flawlessly, and nowhere even close to getting hot temp right now cpu temp reads 44deg c. so thanks anway !
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by pappajoe on 02/22/02 08:06 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
You don't have to open any bridges when you have the A7V133. You just have to close the the L1 bridges. This will unlock it.

Hope you didn't destroy your Duron.

Yes, you can make changes in BIOS.

I used automotive conductive paint ($8 at NAPA) to close the L1 bridges.

<b>We are all beta testers!</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phsstpok on 02/22/02 00:34 AM.</EM></FONT></P>