Game Mouse For RTS, MMO, RPG, & FPS

Adsuki

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
So I'm sure there's a lot of threads out there but I thought I open one for my needs. This is how I game on PC and what I play mostly.

Style: I rest my palm on the mouse so I think that makes me a palm gripper, not sure. Been gaming competitive on PC for years now, I just didn't feel like getting a game mouse until now. Lol.

Games: RTS, RPG, FPS, MMO, Assassin's Creed (1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, and soon to be 3), Battlefield 3, DC Universe Online, Guild Wars (Soon to be 2), Call of Duty: Black Ops (soon to be II), Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Dragon Age Ultimate Edition, Dragon Age 2, Dead Space 1 &2, F.E.A.R. The Complete Series (meaning I have one, the two expansion pack, 2 with the Reborn DLC, and 3), The Lord of the Rings Online, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, The Sims 3 (Do I really need a game mouse for that? Nope. But the extra programmable buttons would be nice. =3), Skyrim, RAGE, The Witcher 1 & 2, StarCraft I & 2, WarCraft III and the expansion pack, Diablo II Battlechest, and soon to be Diablo III. Those are the types of games I play and have as well, so you can suggest the right game mouse.

Looking Into: Razer Deathadder, G500, G700, M60 (by Corsair), I even found some Gigabyte 6800/6900. Those are the ones I'm looking into as well as a generic Logitech M510 as a back up (if I don't like the whole game mouse thing).

Any other suggestions? And any of the mouses I listed any good? I would like to hear your opinion. Thank you in advance!

-Adsuki

Solution
I have had the chance to play with a Razer Deathadder, and also on a R.A.T. 7 mouse, both of them i liked a lot. Personally i use a Razer Naga, which i absolutely love.

A big factor is definately your hand size. I have rather small hands, and for me the naga is a perfect fit. The R.A.T. series of mice are all very customisable to fit your hand exactly the way you want it, so they are definately worth a look.

I play mainly MMOs so the extra buttons on the naga really help alot, but with most of the games you listed, extra buttons wont be a very big boon.

Since you lsited starcraft 2, i have just got to say; stay away from the Starcraft mouse from Razer. I got one for free in a deal at newegg and its an absolutely awful mouse.

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
I have had the chance to play with a Razer Deathadder, and also on a R.A.T. 7 mouse, both of them i liked a lot. Personally i use a Razer Naga, which i absolutely love.

A big factor is definately your hand size. I have rather small hands, and for me the naga is a perfect fit. The R.A.T. series of mice are all very customisable to fit your hand exactly the way you want it, so they are definately worth a look.

I play mainly MMOs so the extra buttons on the naga really help alot, but with most of the games you listed, extra buttons wont be a very big boon.

Since you lsited starcraft 2, i have just got to say; stay away from the Starcraft mouse from Razer. I got one for free in a deal at newegg and its an absolutely awful mouse.

Solution

Adsuki

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
Thanks everyone! I've forgot about this and been busy lately with a new band. Anyway, I gotten a Razer Lycosa, Abyssus (combo deal from a friend) and a R.A.T. 7 for around $120. =)