Test page prints and nothing else

I did the troubleshooter and it got me no where. When I print I a test page
it prints flawless. But when I try from a document all my printer does is
spit out a blank sheet. I really have no idea what is going on. I've
reinstalled it. Please help me.
2 answers Last reply
More about test page prints else

    We really have no idea either!
    You neglected to mention --
    Printer make & model
    Computer make, model, processor, support chipset.
    OPs system version
    If the printer is spooled, or printing direct to the printer port.
    Printer interface (Parallel pot or USB)

    Evidently the printer driver is talking to the printer, and data is not
    making it to the printer driver from applications.
    A common solution is to uninstall(NOT delete) the printer driver, and
    reinstall it according to the Mfr's instructions.

    "Kowboi21" <Kowboi21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I did the troubleshooter and it got me no where. When I print I a test page
    > it prints flawless. But when I try from a document all my printer does is
    > spit out a blank sheet. I really have no idea what is going on. I've
    > reinstalled it. Please help me.

    ---
    Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

    Having the same (or similar) problem -- text only will not print from
    several programs (notepad, WordPad, outlook and word)...but if I insert a
    picture in a Word doc, both the image and text will print. I have tried
    several things and searching newsgroups and Microsoft Knowledge
    base...reinstalled printer drivers, deleted and re-added printer, set
    several printer options, all to no avail.

    Windows XP Home (SP2) to an HP 810c (using print spooler)... was working
    just fine up to a couple of weeks ago.

    I likewise get a good Test page which I assume is because it contains an
    image...likewise can print from other applications (ie a PDF of a scanned
    image, images from Paintshop pro)...just seems to be a problem with
    text-only.

    --

    Vince McGowan
    vince.mcgowan@comcast.net

    "Kowboi21" <Kowboi21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I did the troubleshooter and it got me no where. When I print I a test page
    > it prints flawless. But when I try from a document all my printer does is
    > spit out a blank sheet. I really have no idea what is going on. I've
    > reinstalled it. Please help me.

Microsoft Windows XP