Does anyone have XP Fax working perfect?

Hi, I have checked the XP Compatibility and my modem is listed as XP
ready... With that in mind, does this XP fax work perfect for anyone? I
have had lots of problems with it not picking up from the second FAX on and
I am getting port busy messages.

My modem insists on loading itself onto COM 3 for some unknown reason and I
cant help but think that is the problem, any ideas as how to get my USR
5610B modem on COM 1 or 2? Thanks, Mike
3 answers Last reply
More about does working perfect

    John Smith wrote:
    > Hi, I have checked the XP Compatibility and my modem is listed as XP
    > ready... With that in mind, does this XP fax work perfect for anyone? I
    > have had lots of problems with it not picking up from the second FAX on and
    > I am getting port busy messages.
    >
    > My modem insists on loading itself onto COM 3 for some unknown reason and I
    > cant help but think that is the problem, any ideas as how to get my USR
    > 5610B modem on COM 1 or 2? Thanks, Mike

    I doubt that your trouble is related to which com port the modem is
    using, but you can change it by going to Device Manager > Modems >
    Advanced > Advanced Port Settings.

    Internal modem installation programs set up to COM 3 for the benefit of
    those computers that still have two physical com ports (Com 1 and 2).. that
    will NOT be your problem..

    You must also bear in mind that XP Fax is provided as a basic facility and
    pretends to be nothing else.. if you want more features, look at getting
    WinFax Pro or similar..

    Mike Hall

    "John Smith" <recons@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have checked the XP Compatibility and my modem is listed as XP
    > ready... With that in mind, does this XP fax work perfect for anyone? I
    > have had lots of problems with it not picking up from the second FAX on
    > and I am getting port busy messages.
    >
    > My modem insists on loading itself onto COM 3 for some unknown reason and
    > I cant help but think that is the problem, any ideas as how to get my USR
    > 5610B modem on COM 1 or 2? Thanks, Mike

    Interesting, I did what you said and both Com 1 and 2 said in use next to
    them.. When I went to Com 1 it was being used by ACPI... As long as COM 3
    doesnt hurt the fax program I guess its not necessary to change it. Thanks,

    "Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJ@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > John Smith wrote:
    >> Hi, I have checked the XP Compatibility and my modem is listed as XP
    >> ready... With that in mind, does this XP fax work perfect for anyone? I
    >> have had lots of problems with it not picking up from the second FAX on
    >> and I am getting port busy messages.
    >>
    >> My modem insists on loading itself onto COM 3 for some unknown reason and
    >> I cant help but think that is the problem, any ideas as how to get my USR
    >> 5610B modem on COM 1 or 2? Thanks, Mike
    >
    > I doubt that your trouble is related to which com port the modem is using,
    > but you can change it by going to Device Manager > Modems > Advanced >
    > Advanced Port Settings.

Fax Modem Windows XP