NEED new game to play

Ris3n_Da3mon

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2003
i'm soo bored of the games i have and have been playing, i need some suggestions as to games to get to play to keep me occupied till half life 2, deus ex2, and doom 3 FINALLY come out. some of the games i really have enjoyed have been half life, red faction, deus ex, system shock 2, basically fps's with cool story lines and unique game play.

stano

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001
I know what you mean Ris3n, but I'm more of a RPGer(I've been playing Daggerfall). I know you have played Max Payne but have you tried FallOut I or II? These can be bought bundled in the discount box.
I hear someone is doing a remake of System Shock 2. I didn't ever find a link to this though.

18r
StanO

No Cats or Geese where actually harmed in the making of Might & Majic IX

goblinking

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003
Roll on DNF. All games will pale in comparison to the Duke's latest!

I hear it should be out within the decade. *cracks knuckles*

stano

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001
Alot of people are playing Vietnam.

No Cats or Geese where actually harmed in the making of Might & Majic IX

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
I often find going back to the Original "Descent" is alot of fun, especially if you get 3d Hardware-rendered version like D1x or D1_3dfx. Nastalgia is so MUCH fun!

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

CorpusBiscuit

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
I'm about halfway through Tron 2.0 and its been really fun. Its a FPS with some "roleplaying" elements (i.e. upgrading abilities as you go along). It was done by the same folks (Monolith) who did NOLF & NOLF2, so the story is halfway decent (if somewhat cheesy) and the gameplay is somewhat similar. Also, for a quick fix, download the recently released demo for "Call Of Duty".

sargeduck

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002
I'm just about done chaser. It's a good fps, with a pretty good story, pretty good graphics, and lot's of game playing time (as in you won't beat it in 2 days). It's not the best game ever made, but I think it is definetly worthy of playing through once or twice.

confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
If you haven't played Jedi Knight II it's a great game.

Freelancer is a space shooter that I had a lot of fun with that plays more like a regular FPS than Descent or its ilk, and also has a strong single player story and some RPG elements in the multiplayer (upgrading weapons, trading, etc.).

I haven't played much of the single player Tron2.0, I've been busy derezzing fools online with my frisbee. :cool:

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Another vote for Tron 2.0. OMG the Progress Bar is badass. Especially if you have nice sound card/speakers.

Monolith is such a solid company. Always keep an eye out for any of their releases.

--

"I'm a rageaholic."
(<i>starts crying</i>)
"I just can't live without rageahol." - Homer Simpson

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
i like FPS games.
Are there any games in these genre that looks interesting?

<b><font color=red>
"Remain at stock speed"</b> - The Overclocker.
</font color=red>

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Let's see...Tron 2.0, Chaser, Halo PC, and Chrome. Look for these games. All FPS.

--

"I'm a rageaholic."
(<i>starts crying</i>)

1080jibber

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2002
This probably isn't what you're looking for but if you like a good story line and are willing to try something new and different check out Mafia. I think it is the best game I have ever played, and the graphics were INCREDIBLE IMO.

antec 350w psu
xp 2000
asus a7n8x deluxe
512mb pc2100
ati radeon 9500 pro
wd 80gb caviar special edition
16x dvd
creative megaworks 550
nec fe991sb-bk

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
i've read it in pc-gamer, looks good too.
Not that too much impress with the graphics in MAFIA.

-J<font color=red>//\</font color=red>ECOR™ -
-J<font color=purple>//\</font color=purple>ECOR™ -

confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
I played through Unreal 2 recently and although it's a very pretty game graphics-wise it just wasn't very fun. Just started on Star Trek: Elite Force II and it's fun so far. I played through the first couple of missions in Postal 2 and quit (got tired of bashing innocent pedestrians' skulls in with a shovel, if you like the senseless violence part of GTA and Carmageddon then you'll love this game). I also had a lot of fun with Ghost Recon, though it's more of a tactical shooter than a straight up FPS.

:cool:

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
thanks for more fps selection. Maybe i'll take a look with
tron 2.0 for a while and GTA.

-J<font color=red>//\</font color=red>ECOR™ -
-J<font color=purple>//\</font color=purple>ECOR™ -

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
According to ebgames.com, Halo PC is set for a Sept. 30th release.

Also look for MOHAA: Breakthrough, which is the 2nd add-on to MOHAA. The first being Spearhead. Breakthrough is scheduled for a Sept. 22nd release.

--

"I'm a rageaholic."
(<i>starts crying</i>)

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
While I realize your looking for a game, I'd recommend reading a book. I'm not being a smartass or anything, I'm serious.
Check out one by Raymond E. Feist.. I started reading those recently and enjoy them.

Years ago there were some Sierra games based on the series (Betrayal at Krondor, Return to Krondor), thats why I remembered them when I needed something to do.. so I picked up the nearest author I'd heard of.

Athlon 1700+, Epox 8RDA (NForce2), Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 80GB 8MB cache, 2x256mb Crucial PC2100 in Dual DDR, Geforce 3, Audigy, Z560s, MX500

Lumathix

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2001
Also Terry Goodkind, Robert Jordan, Terry Brooks, and the King and Queen of All that is Fantasy......David & Leigh Eddings. :)

<font color=red> "It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations." - Sir Winston Churchill </font color=red>

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Robert Jordan Rocks!!! THe "wheel of time" series is some of the best fiction of all time...

Also a coward...pass the nachos

TRENDING THREADS