Battlefield 3 'Playing!' error

Hi,

Most times when I'm playing multi-player it ends in frustration and swearing because the game screen just disappears and I'm back in the browser, with the Game Manager saying 'Playing!'. There is a blank browser window open where the game used to be but I can't get back in the game and have to use Task Manager to close it.

I have all the latest BIOS, chipset & graphics drivers. I've also performed a 'Repair install' in Origin. Is this just one of those annoying things Origin subjects us to?

Thanks.

Coolermaster HAF X
Coolermaster silent pro gold 1000W
i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Arctic Freezer 13 Pro
Asus P8Z68-V Pro
SLI (2-way) Asus GTX670 Direct CUII TOP
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
OCZ Vertex Max IOPS 120GB SSD
WD 450GB Velociraptor
30" Dell Ultrasharp 2560x1600
5 answers Last reply
More about battlefield playing error
  1. This could be caused by Punkbuster - have you got the latest BF3 version?
  2. I hadn't thought of that but yes, I'm up to date as long as Game Manager keeps me up to date. I'll check for updates anyway but it's really pissing me off. I was in the Metro 30 seconds ago blowing heads off, now I'm sitting around with my thumb up my...
  3. try a different browser like chrome or ie. also make sure if your av has a gaming mode that you use it.
  4. I'm already using Chrome but I'll check my AVG settings.
  5. This is ridiculous. I've tried disabling AV, disabling Windows automatic updates, using servers that don't use Punkbuster, re-installing Origin & BF3. What next?

There's no gaming mode in AVG - should I try an AV that has it?
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games Video Games