weight of cooler

Codfish

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2001
I want to use a copper based cooler on an Asus slotket but those things weigh about 400g, not sure if the slotket will take it. Also how much power does a mobo fan connector deliver. Thanks.

Helpmostimes

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2001
Well im using a cakII38 on my thunderbird.Seems fine.Copper is fine.Just get 1 that is recommended for your you CPU.Weight has little to do with it.Its the pressure of the clamp.Go to GlobaleWin,or to your CPU manu,and you will find out what is best.

" Global Win Fan Forever"

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
General opinion is NOT to use the mobo connector for anyhting but low powered fans, but saying this I had a delta running no probs of mine before I went watercooled. As for the weight of the heatsink, I wouldnt worry too much, unless you play on transporting your pc around a lot, if you are concerned, maybe look for one that uses the motherboard mounting holes rather than a clip.

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?

G

I think that everyone is missing the point... he is runnin a slotket, and those are the CPU that stick out over the mobo. I would possible worry about 400g on that sucker, unless I had something to counterbalance it. Now, I guess it does depend on how tall your processor is sticking off the mobo... really, I think it depends on how you call it. If it feels stable, and rock-solid, then more than likely it is on there good enough. Other wise, try counter-weighting it.