Fax causes reboot

With WinXP using SP1, I installed the Fax Console. It worked OK for some
months, then several weeks ago caused repeated reboots that I could only
stop by using GoBack to revert to before the effort to send. I tried
again with the same result. It also turned out that it sent multiple
copies of the fax before being stopped. I have uninstalled it, but
before I risk installing again, any ideas what's happening? Thanks.

Setup is generic 56K modem, AMD XP2500+, Gigabyte GA7-VT600L board.

Bob Levor

Usually indicates a driver conflict. Most likely your modem and driver are
not compatible with Windows XP Fax.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]