Fax causes reboot

With WinXP using SP1, I installed the Fax Console. It worked OK for some
months, then several weeks ago caused repeated reboots that I could only
stop by using GoBack to revert to before the effort to send. I tried
again with the same result. It also turned out that it sent multiple
copies of the fax before being stopped. I have uninstalled it, but
before I risk installing again, any ideas what's happening? Thanks.

Setup is generic 56K modem, AMD XP2500+, Gigabyte GA7-VT600L board.

Bob Levor
1 answer Last reply
More about reboot

    Usually indicates a driver conflict. Most likely your modem and driver are
    not compatible with Windows XP Fax.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "R. Levor" <rlevor@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > With WinXP using SP1, I installed the Fax Console. It worked OK for some
    > months, then several weeks ago caused repeated reboots that I could only
    > stop by using GoBack to revert to before the effort to send. I tried again
    > with the same result. It also turned out that it sent multiple copies of
    > the fax before being stopped. I have uninstalled it, but before I risk
    > installing again, any ideas what's happening? Thanks.
    >
    > Setup is generic 56K modem, AMD XP2500+, Gigabyte GA7-VT600L board.
    >
    > Bob Levor

Fax Microsoft Windows XP