My Printer won't print in color!!

katie

I was wondering how to get my printer to print in color. Yes, we do have a
color cartrige. If anyone could help me that would be great because I am
working on a school project.

Make one of your projects "How To Read The Printer Manual: Troubleshooting
Section".. you have failed to let anybody here know the make and model of
printer.. how old it is.. when the last color page rolled off of it..
whether it prints a test page.. if the test page shows just one base color
and no others.. how old the color cartridge is.. whether you tried the head
cleaning function..

"Katie" <Katie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was wondering how to get my printer to print in color. Yes, we do have
> color cartrige. If anyone could help me that would be great because I am
> working on a school project.

my printer won't print in color either. I've done what the manuel said. I
even bought a new cartridge. I'm wondering if something needs to be adjusted
on my computer in order for the color to appear. A click of a button might
do the trick.

"Katie" wrote:

> I was wondering how to get my printer to print in color. Yes, we do have a
> color cartrige. If anyone could help me that would be great because I am
> working on a school project.

Let's have some more details Cynthia..... what is the make and model of the
printer.... how is it connected to the PC..... when was the last time it
worked correctly..... have you done an uninstall and reinstall of the
printer...... have you run a cleaning and maintenance cycle etc.
www.coribright.com

"Cynthia" <Cynthia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my printer won't print in color either. I've done what the manuel said. I
> even bought a new cartridge. I'm wondering if something needs to be
> adjusted
> on my computer in order for the color to appear. A click of a button
> might
> do the trick.
>
> "Katie" wrote:
>
>> I was wondering how to get my printer to print in color. Yes, we do
>> have a
>> color cartrige. If anyone could help me that would be great because I am
>> working on a school project.

Thanks Cari for your reply. The make of my printer in a Lexmark X5150
series. It worked 1 month ago. No I have not uninstalled ar reinstalled
the printer. Yes I've run a cleaning and maintenance cycle. I honestly
think i'ts the cartridge. it's a new cartridge. I bought one and it didn't
work so I took it back and got another one it worked for about a month. Now
it's not working. I blotted the cartridge on a damp papertowel and the colors
green and blue and yellow appeared. I copied a picture and it came out. I
copied the pictured again and it was black and white. I damped the papertowel
again and only the colors green and blue came out not yellow this time. The
picture will not print in color anymore. It only comes out with purple
stripes on it. I've tried adjusting, cleaning, and doing a printer test on
the printer and nothing works.