EVDO Thruput speed problem in the Greater Los Angeles areas.

Last response: in Network Providers
March 16, 2005 12:56:14 AM

For the past 2 WEEKS!!!! I have had a severe (unuseable) thruput problem in
the downtown los angeles area. A call to Verizon's support group yielded
damn near nothing.
Figured this out on my own, if your having this problem, turn off the
"Venturi" compression!!!
after you re-connect with it off, it will be much better. While this is NOT
a fix, it restores your PC-5220 to a working state.
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 12:56:15 AM

Any LUCENT equipment a part of this
network?

JG
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 2:59:48 AM

<jgrove24@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Any LUCENT equipment a part of this
> network?
>
> JG

Yeah.....PC-5220 card.....says "Audiovox" but its a Lucent chipset....
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 3:53:03 PM

Hi,

EV-DO speeds have been somewhat low on my connection too - I am in the City
of Commerce.

I never did install the Venturi client - figured that with a claimed
throughput of 500K there is actually no need for it!

My speeds have dropped from around 550Kb (morning/late evening peaks) to
around two-thirds to one-half that these days.

Moreover, the latency has increased to a very high value - clicking on, for
example, a mail item in Yahoo Mail brings up the item only in several
seconds! Also, websites, as MSNBC, are very much slower these days.

No change in download speeds though!

I though I was the only one having a lower speed problem.

Have a nice day - all.

JP
--

!