EVDO Thruput speed problem in the Greater Los Angeles areas.

For the past 2 WEEKS!!!! I have had a severe (unuseable) thruput problem in
the downtown los angeles area. A call to Verizon's support group yielded
damn near nothing.
Figured this out on my own, if your having this problem, turn off the
"Venturi" compression!!!
after you re-connect with it off, it will be much better. While this is NOT
a fix, it restores your PC-5220 to a working state.
3 answers Last reply
More about evdo thruput speed problem greater angeles areas

    Any LUCENT equipment a part of this
    network?

    JG

    <jgrove24@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Any LUCENT equipment a part of this
    > network?
    >
    > JG

    Yeah.....PC-5220 card.....says "Audiovox" but its a Lucent chipset....

    Hi,

    EV-DO speeds have been somewhat low on my connection too - I am in the City
    of Commerce.

    I never did install the Venturi client - figured that with a claimed
    throughput of 500K there is actually no need for it!

    My speeds have dropped from around 550Kb (morning/late evening peaks) to
    around two-thirds to one-half that these days.

    Moreover, the latency has increased to a very high value - clicking on, for
    example, a mail item in Yahoo Mail brings up the item only in several
    seconds! Also, websites, as MSNBC, are very much slower these days.

    No change in download speeds though!

    I though I was the only one having a lower speed problem.

    Have a nice day - all.

    JP
    --

    "Dr. Rastis Fafoofnik" <DRFafoofnik@rumpledanus.com> wrote in message
    > For the past 2 WEEKS!!!! I have had a severe (unuseable) thruput problem
    > in
    > the downtown los angeles area. A call to Verizon's support group yielded
    > damn near nothing.
    > Figured this out on my own, if your having this problem, turn off the
    > "Venturi" compression!!!
    > after you re-connect with it off, it will be much better. While this is
    > NOT
    > a fix, it restores your PC-5220 to a working state.

Verizon Internet Service Providers