To fix BF3 Dirextx error

invi7

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
i am new here ..dont know how to reply to other bf3 player about this problems in this forum ..so i decided to create a new thread here..
After a lot of googling i found a fix that worked! Im now crash free again! Original page is here http://www.pixelshine.net...ov-22-patch-crash-fix/

* In Windows 7/Vista go to Start menu. Go to Accessories. Locate the command prompt shortcut and hover mouse over it. Right Click on the shortcut then select Run as Administrator.
* In the command prompt type this exactly:
bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500
Then hit enter.
* Make sure you get a message back confirming the change was made. To verify the entry is there you can type just bcdedit, hit enter, and you should see the entry now listed.
* Then close the command prompt. You just told Vista to increase user virtual address (userva) space to 2500MB.
* Changes take effect on reboot.
Now reboot the PC because Windows needs to set the userva at 2500 which only happens after startup.
If you skip any step it will not work. When you have rebooted you should be good to go. Run the game as normal with the original game shortcut.
TO UNDO THE CHANGES
Open command prompt as administrator and type: bcdedit /deletevalue increaseuserva. That deletes the entry.
Reboot and you are back to normal.

i still testing ..but i dint seem any problems now yet... cheers~ :)

invi7

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
lol .this msg is copy from other ppl ..my computer still can run in 1080 with ultra mode and smooth :na: ..

tushardehra

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2012
when i had a faulty ram my pc also gave errors like display driver stopped working direct x error etc....thn i replaced a new kingston ram and booom

chapmansg

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012

Hi invi7,

Yes, I tried just about everything as well until running into this fix. I have two GTX 690's in SLI @ stock clocks with an Intel i7 930 @ 4.2GHz, 12GB Corsair Dominator memory, and was getting numerous Directx errors running Win 7 64-Bit. This seems to have finally fixed the problem... I set the virtual address to 4500, rebooted the system, went back into command prompt and checked via "bcdedit" command to ensure everything took, and finally experienced peaceful gaming. Been playing for three days now (roughly 3-4 hours each day) and have had no more errors or crashing in BF3. Am currently running on the oldest NVIDIA Beta drivers that support GTX 690, 301.34, and all seems to be working well.

Anyhow, thanks for posting this fix, or rehashing it.

Now I can finally get back to enjoying BF3.

Cheers,
Stephen