HP psc 2410 Problems

beto

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004

Hey. I have an HP Media Center PC m370n. I recently had some problems and I
had to do the Full Recovery. Well some programs had to be re-installed and
one of them was the software that came with my HP psc 2410 printer. When I
first got my PC about a year ago, I installed the software just fine. Today I
installed the program and restarted like it said to do, and when I clicked on
My Computer, I noticed that my CD drive icon was now moved from where it used
to be and renamed "CD Drive (L:) when before it used to be (F:). Another
problem that happened was that in My Computer it also has icons for the
SmartMedia, Compactflash, and other memory card slots and two of the icons
are now generic looking and are labeled "Removable Disk (J:) and (K:).
SmartMedia, MS/MS Pro, and CompactFlash I/II are fine. Anything I can do to
install the HP psc 2410 printer and software without having these problems?
Or is there any way to rename and move the icons in My Computer to how they
used to be? Thanks

Right click on My Computer and select Manage. On the following screen,
select Disk Management. You can change all driver letters except for the C:
drive on the screen that will appear on the right hand side.
www.coribright.com

"beto" <beto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hey. I have an HP Media Center PC m370n. I recently had some problems and
> had to do the Full Recovery. Well some programs had to be re-installed and
> one of them was the software that came with my HP psc 2410 printer. When I
> first got my PC about a year ago, I installed the software just fine.
> Today I
> installed the program and restarted like it said to do, and when I clicked
> on
> My Computer, I noticed that my CD drive icon was now moved from where it
> used
> to be and renamed "CD Drive (L:) when before it used to be (F:). Another
> problem that happened was that in My Computer it also has icons for the
> SmartMedia, Compactflash, and other memory card slots and two of the icons
> are now generic looking and are labeled "Removable Disk (J:) and (K:).
> SmartMedia, MS/MS Pro, and CompactFlash I/II are fine. Anything I can do
> install the HP psc 2410 printer and software without having these
> problems?
> Or is there any way to rename and move the icons in My Computer to how
> they
> used to be? Thanks

beto

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004

Hey thanks for replying. I was looking through the PC and I also found that
feature. I'm going to try to uninstall the printer and software and reinstall
it using the updated software for the hp psc 2410 that HP has posted on their
website. If the letters change again, I will rename them using that feature.
Thanks