Can't print to LaserJet II

Running XP on an old Dell, with an older LaserJet II. The printer is
working (test pages come out) but nothing sent from the PC. Printer
status shows "Error Printing."

First thing I tried was replacing the cable (the old cable had loose
wiring near the printer connector.) Still no good.

How do I figure out what the exact error is? I cannot locate an exact
driver version at HP, and since this is a donated system to a non-profit
organization, no original disks or manuals exist.

Mark Jaffe
Web Master
Kitty Petty ADD/LD Institute

Open your Control Panel and click on the "Add Hardware" icon.
The "Add Hardware Wizard" will appear.

1. Click on Next and place a dot next to "Yes, I have already connected the hardware".
2. Click Next and scroll all the way down to "Add a new hardware device".
3. Click once to highlight it and click Next.
4. Place a dot next to "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)".
5. Click Next and scroll down to "Printers", click once to highlight and click Next.
6. Place a dot next to "Use the following port" and click Next.
7. In the "Install Printer Software Screen", on the left side scroll down to "HP"
and click once to highlight, then on the right-side scroll down to
"HP LaserJet Series II", click on it to highlight and click Next to install the drivers.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!