What Registry Permissions are Needed for Printing

I have an application that the prints forms. This application can only be
run by certain users. Although the users group has all the necessary
permissions to print, print jobs fail when the application hands the print
job to the queue. The only way I can get it to work is if the user has
administrative permissions at the local PC. Power users who print from this
application, fail to print. The same power user can print test pages to the
same printer. The can also run the application right up to where they hit
the print button. Somewhere I have a permissions issue and I am assuming it
is in the registry. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I can't get
any help from the app vendor because they say it is tested on XP with no
issues.

Try using the regmon and filemon utitlities from System Internals. The are
free and very useful for tracking down these kinds of issues.

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/utilities.shtml

--
Bruce Sanderson MVP

It's perfectly useless to know the right answer to the wrong question.

"Mert1" <Mert1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an application that the prints forms. This application can only be
> run by certain users. Although the users group has all the necessary
> permissions to print, print jobs fail when the application hands the print
> job to the queue. The only way I can get it to work is if the user has
> administrative permissions at the local PC. Power users who print from
> this
> application, fail to print. The same power user can print test pages to
> the
> same printer. The can also run the application right up to where they hit
> the print button. Somewhere I have a permissions issue and I am assuming
> it
> is in the registry. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I can't
> get
> any help from the app vendor because they say it is tested on XP with no
> issues.

Thanks Bruce. I'll give these tools a try and post if/when I find anything.