Compaq Presario R3360US Clean Install

I am looking at a new CP R3360US laptop from Best Buy. I would like to
wipe out the hard drive and clean install XP Pro. Does anyone know if
XP will be able to produce the drivers for this laptop?? Any other
reasons not to do this?? I don't want all of the preloaded garbage.

hh

Go to Control Panel, Add/Rermove programs and uninstall what you do not
want. Then get a good registry cleaner (which you should use anyway). I
prefer RegSupreme.
HH

"gweldgen" <gweldge1@rochester.rr-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
>I am looking at a new CP R3360US laptop from Best Buy. I would like to
> wipe out the hard drive and clean install XP Pro. Does anyone know if
> XP will be able to produce the drivers for this laptop?? Any other
> reasons not to do this?? I don't want all of the preloaded garbage.

I purchased this laptop (Compaq Presario R3360US) and have already done a
complete format (Partition) and installed XP Pro. I then installed the
drivers from the Compaq restore disk. I had a conflict with one of the USB
controllers until I pulled Microsoft's service pack 2. After installing
SP2 everything is running great. If you already have XP pro with Serv Pack
2, it should be a breeze.

Hope this helps..

kingyo.