V710 - How do I download pics? Software cable?

I see cables available on ebay. Where do I get the software from so
that I can put MP3s on the phone, download pics, etc. Can I download
it for free somewhere? Will the camera see the USB connection and
just treat it like a memory stick?

And finally, for screen backgrounds, can I just upload a pic to my
phone and use that? How about ringtones? Thanks,

Rob
10 answers Last reply
More about v710 download pics software cable

    Hi,

    The cables usually sell along the associated software. Check different
    listings for the same item to make sure.

    The software will allow you to download wallpapers, ringtones as well as do
    other stuff that may be specific to the phone one has.

    The software is also usually downloadable from the phone manufacturer's
    website too.

    Did you mean whether the computer will see the USB connection as a 'memory
    stick'?

    JP

    Rob B wrote:
    > I see cables available on ebay. Where do I get the software from so
    > that I can put MP3s on the phone, download pics, etc. Can I download
    > it for free somewhere? Will the camera see the USB connection and
    > just treat it like a memory stick?
    >
    > And finally, for screen backgrounds, can I just upload a pic to my
    > phone and use that? How about ringtones? Thanks,
    >
    > Rob

    Why not just use a $25 transflash card?

    --
    David G.

    Get a Transflash card and then go RadioShack. They have a read/write
    drive that hooks directly up to your USB port on your computer (cost
    was $19.99). After loading the software, you can put anything you want
    on your phone via your computer. Just put your card into the read/write
    drive and open up your computer, the new drive will be there. Just drag
    whatever you want on the new drive (just like transfering files from
    one folder to another). Take the card out of the read/write device and
    put it back into your phone. Your done!

    Yes, it really is that easy in case you are having doubts. My card did
    cost a bit more than $25 dollars though. I think for the 128 meg I have
    it was about $40.

    --
    bossdragon

    Yeah, but I am one of those guys that can't wait for anything. Once I
    had the phone, I wanted the card right then and there, couldn't wait
    the 2 or 3 days for it to come in the mail. ( yeah, I know....I'm
    pathetic :confused: )

    --
    bossdragon

    I got the 256meg on ebay for $43

    David G. wrote:
    > Rob B wrote:
    >> I see cables available on ebay. Where do I get the software from so
    >> that I can put MP3s on the phone, download pics, etc. Can I download
    >> it for free somewhere? Will the camera see the USB connection and
    >> just treat it like a memory stick?
    >>
    >> And finally, for screen backgrounds, can I just upload a pic to my
    >> phone and use that? How about ringtones? Thanks,
    >>
    >> Rob
    >
    > Why not just use a $25 transflash card?

    Make certain that you don't have the latest v710 software flash that
    disables transflash transfers of rings and pix.

    Q -

    Are you suggesting that the latest software will prevent users from
    taking pix via the camera, saving them to the card, attaching the card
    via a cardreader and transfering them to a PC? ....or that pix placed
    on the card via a cardreader from a computer can't be accessed on the
    phone?

    Hi, I am a new user in this forum because I hav many questions to ask
    about my new phone that i just got a week ago. The V710.

    *Does the V710 have a bluetooth program that can connect the phone to
    the computer wirelessly?

    *How can I put mp3 songs into the V710?

    *If I can put mp3 songs into the V710 is there anyway i can set those
    songs as ringtone?

    *Is there a way to delete the picture that is originally inside the
    phone when purchased?

    Very appreciate it if anyone can answer my questions. Thank You.

    --
    ky_kenshi_jai

    Go to this forum and read, read and read.
    http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=3f95093a6341baae7b45e1879781e6d9&forumid=254

    "ky_kenshi_jai" <ky_kenshi_jai.1qzi70@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
    message news:ky_kenshi_jai.1qzi70@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...

    In article <9JYte.2961$7X1.1038@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>,
    "Strike" <Strikeme@noclass.rr.com> wrote:

    > Go to this forum and read, read and read.
    > http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=3f95093a6341baae7b45e1879781e6d
    > 9&forumid=254

    I did and did and did.

    But for mp3 files copied to the TF card, there is no option to "Move,"
    "Copy" or "Apply as Ringtone"

    I can copy pictures to the phone's memory but not sounds.

    m-m

Verizon Download Cable Software Internet Service Providers