Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

V710 - How do I download pics? Software cable?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 7:01:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I see cables available on ebay. Where do I get the software from so
that I can put MP3s on the phone, download pics, etc. Can I download
it for free somewhere? Will the camera see the USB connection and
just treat it like a memory stick?

And finally, for screen backgrounds, can I just upload a pic to my
phone and use that? How about ringtones? Thanks,

Rob
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 4:02:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Hi,

The cables usually sell along the associated software. Check different
listings for the same item to make sure.

The software will allow you to download wallpapers, ringtones as well as do
other stuff that may be specific to the phone one has.

The software is also usually downloadable from the phone manufacturer's
website too.

Did you mean whether the computer will see the USB connection as a 'memory
stick'?

JP


"Rob B" <bertbarndoor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e29ccc85.0503151601.5b1d04f3@posting.google.com...
>I see cables available on ebay. Where do I get the software from so
> that I can put MP3s on the phone, download pics, etc. Can I download
> it for free somewhere? Will the camera see the USB connection and
> just treat it like a memory stick?
>
> And finally, for screen backgrounds, can I just upload a pic to my
> phone and use that? How about ringtones? Thanks,
>
> Rob
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 5:15:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Rob B wrote:
> I see cables available on ebay. Where do I get the software from so
> that I can put MP3s on the phone, download pics, etc. Can I download
> it for free somewhere? Will the camera see the USB connection and
> just treat it like a memory stick?
>
> And finally, for screen backgrounds, can I just upload a pic to my
> phone and use that? How about ringtones? Thanks,
>
> Rob

Why not just use a $25 transflash card?

--
David G.
Related resources
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 11:13:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Get a Transflash card and then go RadioShack. They have a read/write
drive that hooks directly up to your USB port on your computer (cost
was $19.99). After loading the software, you can put anything you want
on your phone via your computer. Just put your card into the read/write
drive and open up your computer, the new drive will be there. Just drag
whatever you want on the new drive (just like transfering files from
one folder to another). Take the card out of the read/write device and
put it back into your phone. Your done!

Yes, it really is that easy in case you are having doubts. My card did
cost a bit more than $25 dollars though. I think for the 128 meg I have
it was about $40.


--
bossdragon
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t169693.html
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 9:47:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Yeah, but I am one of those guys that can't wait for anything. Once I
had the phone, I wanted the card right then and there, couldn't wait
the 2 or 3 days for it to come in the mail. ( yeah, I know....I'm
pathetic :confused: )


--
bossdragon
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t169693.html
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 12:44:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I got the 256meg on ebay for $43
"bossdragon" <bossdragon.1m2hz1@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message
news:bossdragon.1m2hz1@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...
>
> Get a Transflash card and then go RadioShack. They have a read/write
> drive that hooks directly up to your USB port on your computer (cost
> was $19.99). After loading the software, you can put anything you want
> on your phone via your computer. Just put your card into the read/write
> drive and open up your computer, the new drive will be there. Just drag
> whatever you want on the new drive (just like transfering files from
> one folder to another). Take the card out of the read/write device and
> put it back into your phone. Your done!
>
> Yes, it really is that easy in case you are having doubts. My card did
> cost a bit more than $25 dollars though. I think for the 128 meg I have
> it was about $40.
>
>
> --
> bossdragon
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
> View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t169693.html
>
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 6:38:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

David G. wrote:
> Rob B wrote:
>> I see cables available on ebay. Where do I get the software from so
>> that I can put MP3s on the phone, download pics, etc. Can I download
>> it for free somewhere? Will the camera see the USB connection and
>> just treat it like a memory stick?
>>
>> And finally, for screen backgrounds, can I just upload a pic to my
>> phone and use that? How about ringtones? Thanks,
>>
>> Rob
>
> Why not just use a $25 transflash card?

Make certain that you don't have the latest v710 software flash that
disables transflash transfers of rings and pix.

Q
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 6:14:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Q -

Are you suggesting that the latest software will prevent users from
taking pix via the camera, saving them to the card, attaching the card
via a cardreader and transfering them to a PC? ....or that pix placed
on the card via a cardreader from a computer can't be accessed on the
phone?
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 3:12:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Hi, I am a new user in this forum because I hav many questions to ask
about my new phone that i just got a week ago. The V710.

*Does the V710 have a bluetooth program that can connect the phone to
the computer wirelessly?

*How can I put mp3 songs into the V710?

*If I can put mp3 songs into the V710 is there anyway i can set those
songs as ringtone?

*Is there a way to delete the picture that is originally inside the
phone when purchased?

Very appreciate it if anyone can answer my questions. Thank You.


--
ky_kenshi_jai
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t169693.html
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 10:09:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Go to this forum and read, read and read.
http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=3f95093a...


"ky_kenshi_jai" <ky_kenshi_jai.1qzi70@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
message news:ky_kenshi_jai.1qzi70@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...
>
> Hi, I am a new user in this forum because I hav many questions to ask
> about my new phone that i just got a week ago. The V710.
>
> *Does the V710 have a bluetooth program that can connect the phone to
> the computer wirelessly?
>
> *How can I put mp3 songs into the V710?
>
> *If I can put mp3 songs into the V710 is there anyway i can set those
> songs as ringtone?
>
> *Is there a way to delete the picture that is originally inside the
> phone when purchased?
>
> Very appreciate it if anyone can answer my questions. Thank You.
>
>
> --
> ky_kenshi_jai
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
> View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t169693.html
>
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 6:39:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

In article <9JYte.2961$7X1.1038@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>,
"Strike" <Strikeme@noclass.rr.com> wrote:

> Go to this forum and read, read and read.
> http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=3f95093a...
> 9&forumid=254

I did and did and did.

But for mp3 files copied to the TF card, there is no option to "Move,"
"Copy" or "Apply as Ringtone"

I can copy pictures to the phone's memory but not sounds.

m-m
!